Tammy Calvert Needs Help

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
BlaiseCarlisle

Tammy Calvert Needs Help

Postby BlaiseCarlisle » November 17th, 2013, 12:17 pm

I just read this, and thought I should share it here:

My friend Jade posted this notice this morning (10-30-13) on Facebook. I am hoping that many magicians here will be able to respond.

Some months ago Tammy and John Calvert sued Ohio physician Randy Wolf in California for $63,000 of his unpaid $100,000 purchase price for “Magicarama,” the Calverts’ world famous magic show, which was delivered to Dr. Wolf in 2008. Attorney Jack Browne, who has been handling the case for no fee, has informed Tammy that due to an adverse ruling which must be appealed concerning California jurisdiction over Dr. Wolf, additional court costs of $2,000 are necessary before any more progress can be made on the case, and that Tammy needs to have this sum by November 12th. Tammy's funds are completely tapped out.

I am reaching out to the magical community to help out this cause for John and Tammy. If 2,000 magicians gave $1 to help, it could very well make the difference between what is right and wrong. It’s the extra four quarters sitting on your desk that you’ve overlooked every morning as you work on your computer. Contributions can be made on PayPal to EpicProductions@Juno.com.

You won’t miss your four quarters, and your action may prove heroic. Tammy and I send you our heartfelt thanks in advance. Please like this so others may hear of the need for good will. Thank you!

Jade

As a follow up, Randy Wakeman posted this:

Message by John R. Browne III

Dear Alan,

I thought the magic fraternity should know that on March 7, 2013, I filed a lawsuit in San Francisco Superior Court on behalf of John and Tammy Calvert against Randy Wolf, an Ohio physician. A copy of the Complaint is linked below. The Complaint alleges that in 2007 the Calverts contracted to sell Magicarama, their world famous magic show, to Defendant Wolf for $100,000.

Also, that the Calverts delivered the show to Defendant Wolf in 2008 and spent time teaching the show to Defendant Wolf and his family in California and elsewhere, but that after paying $37,000 towards the purchase price and keeping the show for two years, Defendant Wolf defaulted and refused to pay the remaining $63,000 to complete the purchase and would not return the show to the Calverts unless they returned the money he had paid them.

Besides Breach of Contract, the Complaint also alleges Financial Elder Abuse against Defendant Wolf for violation of the California Welfare & Institutions Code. To this day, Defendant Wolf still has the Magicarama show, although has only paid a fraction of the agreed upon purchase price.

We anticipate that the attorneys for Defendant Wolf will file a motion early on to object to his being sued in California. We will attempt to defeat any such motion by contending that Defendant Wolf had sufficient connections with the State of California during the operative time period so as to subject him to the jurisdiction of courts in California.

To view court documentation go to:
http://www.magicnewzealand.com/email/john.pdf

We will issue a status report when the court rules on the anticipated motion. Meanwhile, if any of your readers would like to contact John and Tammy to wish them well, their email address is epicproductions@juno.com

Best wishes,

Jack Browne

John R. Browne III
Martindale-Hubbell 2013 Highest Rating
in Legal Ability & Ethical Standards (AV)
Law Offices of John R. Browne III
A Professional Corporation
50 California Street, Suite 3500
San Francisco, CA 94111
Telephone (415)421-6700
Fax (415)398-2438
johnrbrowne@sbcglobal.net
http://www.jbrownelaw.com

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view ... forum=61&2

BlaiseCarlisle

Re: Tammy Calvert Needs Help

Postby BlaiseCarlisle » November 17th, 2013, 10:50 pm

Sorry, I just discovered the deadline was 12th November so I posted this too late. If anyone knows any info, please let me know what happened.

Return to “General”