The December Issue of the iGenii Digital Edition is Now Live

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
hgebeaux

December Issue?

Postby hgebeaux » November 14th, 2013, 4:34 pm

I received the December issue in the mail today. But, nothing was posted about it coming out, and it doesn't show up in my Genii online app. Am I going crazy?

Ted M
Favorite Magician: Dani DaOrtiz

Re: December Issue?

Postby Ted M » November 14th, 2013, 5:13 pm

Why so surprised?

Genii comes out regularly these days -- heck, ever since Richard took over the operation 15 years ago. The domestic target date seems to be the 15th of the month, with some variance due to mailing distance.

It's a good thing.

So, how's the issue?

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » November 14th, 2013, 5:29 pm

I'm sure that the online issue will be up soon.

I just received my issue in the mail. Gotta be the best magazine cover—outside and in— ever.

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Postby Q. Kumber » November 14th, 2013, 6:13 pm

I'm still waiting for the November issue to arrive in Manchester, England.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 14th, 2013, 6:54 pm

Quentin, it's only November 14. There are still people in the US who haven't received the November issue yet.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Q. Kumber

Postby Q. Kumber » November 14th, 2013, 6:58 pm

I mention it because the last couple of months it has arrived at the beginning of the month. In fact I think October arrived at the end of September.

From previous topics regarding the arrival of issues, it looks like all the UK addressees receive theirs on the same day.

Richard Kaufman

The December Issue of the iGenii Digital Edition is Now Live

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 14th, 2013, 7:25 pm

The digital version of the December issue of Genii, The Conjurors' Magazine, is now online for your enjoyment on your computer. The version for tablets and iphones should be live tomorrow.

Our cover boy is David Williamson, in a brilliant profile by David Britland. It includes 8 videos teaching 6 routines that are NOT included on his upcoming DVD set Ridiculous from EMC Productions and are exclusive to Genii. (Those of you who receive the print issue will notice a free DVD in there containing the same videos, courtesy of Luis de Matos and Murphy's Magic.)

Dustin Stinett has taken us behind the scenes on the new magic set/coolest-toy-on-the-planet, Holografx, which uses the Pepper's Ghost principle to create the illusion that you're interacting with holographic people. This story also has many videos

I do my usual preview of the new line of Tenyo tricks, and you'll get your first look at the official video demos only in Genii.

Our new section on the Academy of Magical Arts gets a boost this month with a video interview with General Manager Joe Furlow.

And we have terrific columns from Al Cohen, Jim Steinmeyer, Matt Field interviews Bob Farmer on video, Eugene Burger (plus video), Max Maven actually speaks this month! Racherbaumer, too! Plus more from Roberto Giobbi, David Kaye, John Gaughan, Magic Man Examiner Vault, and David Oliver's triumphant return as one of our team of trick reviewers (with a new set of lungs, to boot).'

So take a look at the largest-selling magazine for magicians in the world! All subscribers get free access to all 75 years of our back issues on Ask Alexander.

If you don't subscribe, we've got free giveaways at every subscription level at www.geniimagazine.com

Give yourself a gift for the holidays!

Evan Shuster

Re: The December Issue of the iGenii Digital Edition is Now

Postby Evan Shuster » November 14th, 2013, 9:07 pm

Received in Seattle this afternoon (complete with bonus DVD). SOOOOOOOOO happy to see the Williamson cover, and bonus material. One of my all-time faves!

Thanks, (as usual) Richard! Genii is one of those "perks" in life that I truly appreciate.

Q. Kumber

Postby Q. Kumber » December 4th, 2013, 7:06 am

December hard copy issue received today in Manchester, England.

Because of the cover will it now be known as the Back Issue?

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » December 4th, 2013, 8:39 am

December received in Hastings, England.

luigimar

Postby luigimar » December 5th, 2013, 9:59 pm

November issue just received today in Central Mexico.
luigimar

Andres Reynoso

Postby Andres Reynoso » December 6th, 2013, 4:48 pm

November issue received day before yesterday in Mexico City
Andres Reynoso

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 6th, 2013, 5:11 pm

Is that delivery schedule consistent now?

luigimar

Postby luigimar » December 7th, 2013, 3:22 pm

Hi Richard,

I'm afraid to say that no, the delivery is still not consistent. The September issue never got here and Margret sent me a replacement. The first month after you changed delivery companies the magazine got here quite quickly and after that, it takes longer and longer for the magazine to reach my house. At first it took 3 weeks, then a month, a month and a half and the November issue took 2 months to get here. It is still early December so we have the rest of the month for the mag to get here, but being December, the busiest month of the year, probably the mag will get here next month. But let's wait and see what happens.

This is not a complaint, it is just a statement of the facts, to answer your question about the consistency of the delivery service.

Thanks for a great magazine.
luigimar

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 7th, 2013, 3:44 pm

Thanks: I will report your comments to the mailing company.

luigimar

Postby luigimar » December 7th, 2013, 6:05 pm

Thanks Richard!

I asked my mailman about 3 weeks ago about the situation and he told me that they receive the magazines from the delivery company (don't know its name) and they just distribute them. Probably (but I'm not sure about this) the problem could be with the company that gives the magazines to the Mexican postal office.

Since there are so many hands handling the magazine, somewhere it is getting delayed, stuck or lost.
luigimar

Andres Reynoso

Postby Andres Reynoso » December 9th, 2013, 12:13 pm

Hi Richard. Thanks for ask.

The first month with the new company the magazine arrived faster than ever. Each month takes more time but in acceptable frame. October had greater delay than previous and Novemeber much more.

I think now this is the same time that took to the previous company. With that company as a rule it arrived the first friday of next month (November issue arriving in December first friday and so on)

At first I thought was an effect of the goverment partial stop, but then I remembered you use a private company. :mrgreen:

Hi Luigimar. Exactly in which city do you live? I only know is in someplace in central Mexico. Just curiosity.
Andres Reynoso

luigimar

Postby luigimar » December 9th, 2013, 2:00 pm

Hi Andres,

I live in Queretaro. I said Central Mexico because it would be difficult for people in other places to figure out where Queretaro is and by saying Central Mexico they would get a better idea of what I was talking about.

I think we have been having a very similar experience in regards to the delivery of the magazine. If you notice, they start delivery of the magazine 2 to 3 weeks BEFORE the month which they are sending. For example, November was sent around October 10-12 and people in the US started receiving it by the 16. We got it at the end of the first week of December, so it means we got it almost 2 months after it was sent originally.

With the new company, as you said, we got the first one in record time, around 2 1/2 to 3 weeks after it was sent. After that it's been taking longer and longer, with November being the longest. With December being the busiest month for the mail services, I guess we will get December in mid-January, but who knows.

And I don't know about you but I almost always get my magazine folded in half and the covers (front and back) get really damaged, almost torn.

And as I already said, I'm not complaining, I'm just stating facts so Richard knows what is happening.

MERRY XMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR to all the people who read and write on the GENII FORUMS and GENII MAGAZINE!!
luigimar

Andres Reynoso

Postby Andres Reynoso » December 10th, 2013, 12:14 pm

Regularly I receive the magazine in good shape. I think only the Imam issue was torn on the spine as it was folded broadwise.

I haven't needed a replacement copy since September 2012 (Actually was a little frustrating to watch it at dealers room -Woody Aragon issue- and Woody himself at Genii Bash and haven't my printed issue yet)

Oddly the majority issues lost has had a DVD. Maybe is someone in the postal service interested on DVDs? Isn't a rule. Have been lost issues without DVD and have arrived on time issues with them. December one would be an interesting test. As Luigimar states is the bussiest month for postal services and as a plus it has a DVD!

A lot of times I think the problem is mexican postal service, really it is bad and some people in Europe receives ther copies quickly. But when I order merchandise on ebay or amazon it arrives between 2-3 weeks. Not so bad. Who knows.
Andres Reynoso

Andres Reynoso

Postby Andres Reynoso » December 27th, 2013, 11:40 am

December issue received yesterday. Complete with DVD and in good shape.
Andres Reynoso

luigimar

Postby luigimar » December 27th, 2013, 11:03 pm

Same here. Got the December issue yesterday December 26. With the DVD which I enjoyed last night.
luigimar

Return to “General”