Birthday bash double issue

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
MManchester

Birthday bash double issue

Postby MManchester » October 24th, 2012, 4:20 pm

Received the e-mail about the double-issue as part of the 75th anniversary. I went online and could not find an option for digital subscribers to buy back issues. I don't care for digital reading and haven't logged in for months due to problems with my HP Touchpad. But I can't afford the print edition as an international subscriber. Will it be possible to order this special issue? Thanks.
Michael Manchester
Literacy magic for library and school performances - http://www.librarylegerdemain.com

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Birthday bash double issue

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 24th, 2012, 9:08 pm

Anyone can purchase single copies of any issues, as long as we have them in stock.

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with your digital subscription--an iPad might have been a better investment, though we should have an Android app that might work for your HP Touchpad in the next few months.

That aside, we will happily sell you the issue, which will cost $12, plus postage (not sure what that cost will be yet). Look for an announcement here or on Facebook in a week or two.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Rick Ruhl

Postby Rick Ruhl » November 7th, 2012, 9:00 pm

Downloading the new issue....looks yummy

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 7th, 2012, 9:52 pm

Too soon to download it: the videos and audio probably haven't been converted yet. If you try to play them it will crash the app (that's why I haven't announced it yet). The conversions should be done by mid-afternoon tomorrow the latest.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Rick Ruhl

Postby Rick Ruhl » November 7th, 2012, 10:11 pm

K well I read the articles first.... So I'm good

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Postby Steve Bryant » November 7th, 2012, 10:18 pm

I know I'll have to download it again, but I couldn't wait. Just stunning. As I have subscribed for over 50 years, much of my life has played out along with the pages of Genii, so paging through the magazine was a very personal journey back through time. What fun, say, to revisit Steranko's Room 477. And for all the vintage tricks and all the history, some of it was simultaneously very up to date (Max's audio clip was recorded on Election Day - yesterday!). Arguably the best issue of Genii ever.

Ted M
Favorite Magician: Dani DaOrtiz

Postby Ted M » November 8th, 2012, 12:46 am

This is glorious, especially when coupled with subscribers' access to the whole Genii archive through AskAlexander.com.

When Max writes of the 1950s, "Bob Nelson did a series on 'The Ghost Show Business,'" a few keystrokes later I can call up that 3-part series of articles and read them!

Fantastic!

Return to “General”