penn and teller show

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
idan

penn and teller show

Postby idan » August 2nd, 2012, 11:42 am

Hi
I compete in a television show in Israel style "penn and teller fool us" but with the master "Max Maven".
I need your help please with my magic video.
go to the link and watch the magic on YouTube and if you like it "SHARE" it with your friends!
Most viewed video wins!!
thank you all very much!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpUKLsVr ... ature=plcp

Donhdunn

Re: penn and teller show

Postby Donhdunn » August 3rd, 2012, 2:51 pm

Hi, Idan. Why take the deck out of the refrigerator. It's a good idea to never turn your back on the audience -- very obvious that you are "doing something." Effect would be better, in my humble opinion, if you first came up with the wrong card and stuck it on the dart board and angrily threw a dart at it -- then revealed the card had magically changed into the chosen one. Probably fooling Max Maven isn't all that easy.

goochelaarjan

Postby goochelaarjan » August 3rd, 2012, 3:50 pm

@Idan. Just some thoughts so you might improve the routine you do now.
- Hope you'll be talking. Right now things make no sense at all. Good patter might reveal why you do what you do.
- I agree with dondunn: the refrigerator is not funny, not logical. And the 'problem' of an empty cardbox doesn't look real. I would definitely practice acting in your remaining time.
- Why throw a dart???
- If you want to throw a dart, there are several performers that have publiced methods for something similar. Like with pocket knifes. Check out John Bannon's method for impaling the card under cover of the deck. Instead of turning completely away.
- Is this really meant to fool? The consruction of the routine is such that every layperson will ask himself the rigt questions. If you can find Darwin Otiz's 'Designing Miracles' I would get it right now. And construct your routine in such way that the TV audience won't ask themselves the correct questions. This method is way to obvious.

Hope you see this as feedback to improve, not as criticism.

Going a bit broader:
- If you use darts, why? Are you a word class darter (character)?
- If you work on a stage, why not use bigger items. And make it more spectacular.
Why not use a bow and have the audience member or mister Maven throw the deck in the air while you shoot through it? This could fill up the stage nicely and makes for some action.
Actually, there are multiple methods from ancient times you can use for this. Some of them are also very safe... :-)
- If you're doing this in a foolproof 100% safe way, can you have Max hold up the board...?

The reason why I give so many things to think about is that my guess is this routine has never played before a live audience. If that's the case, this routine in this condition will get you a booing (correct word?) crowd...
I would not be happy with that, appearing on national TV!!!

Take the very best routine from your professional repertoire and perform an audience tested piece. This way you will at least have great material to show others for years to come. Instead of an everlasting movie on the internet you're ashamed for.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » August 3rd, 2012, 3:57 pm

Oh, was this a serious thread? I thought it was a joke, maybe Numrod back again?

El Mystico

Postby El Mystico » August 4th, 2012, 11:49 am

Definitely something weird going on.
Is it "Fool Max Maven" or is it "Most viewed video wins"? Two completely different concepts.

Either way: it won't be most viewed video - because why would something as numpty as this go viral? And it won't fool Max, in the same way that I don't suppose it fooled anyone here.

Maybe it is a joke, as mrgoat surmises. But if you are serious, get ready for a rude awakening into the real world.

Return to “General”