Alain Cabooter

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
veegates

Alain Cabooter

Postby veegates » June 5th, 2012, 5:58 am

Greetings, I am still trying to gather any information on Mr. Alain Cabooter. I want to write a short article about him and his contributions to magic. I believe he died in the 1980's and he created an automaton by the name of Ioni. I would like to know whether he was a mechanic/magician. What else he created. Maybe where he was from and how he died. I have not had a great deal of success. I know he had a nephew by the name Jean-Claude. He was an 'antipodist' He juggled dolls on his feet. Any help would be truly appreciated!!!

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Re: Alain Cabooter

Postby Matthew Field » June 5th, 2012, 7:17 am

From the fabulous Ask Alxander.

Matt Field

Genii

Vol. 45

By Bill Larsen, Jr.,Irene Larsen

840 pages

CARC 17505-1_S_19384_45

Page

"IONI" THE FABULOUS AUTOMATON With His Creator ALAIN CABOOTER Care Of: R. Cabooter, Calonnes, lys, 62-350 St. Venant,

for me being | the puppeteering expertise of Frenchman Alain Cabooter and his hfesize doll "loni." "loni" is a

New Tops

Vol. 22

By Neil Foster

710 pages

CARC 24848-1_S_19520_22

Page

real mystery. I0NI, the mechanical wonder, presented by Alain Cabooter of Paris pleased the onlookers as it did when

BarryF

Postby BarryF » September 20th, 2013, 3:16 pm

I just wrote my memory of him on this thread. http://forums.geniimagazine.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=33648

Barry

Enclin
Favorite Magician: john gaughan

Postby Enclin » March 23rd, 2015, 5:59 am

Hello.
We give news to you of mister Alain Cabooter of France and its international show IONI the fabulous automaton. 2 brother Cabooter, Alain and Francis presented this variety show on the biggest stages of the world. Every brother had the same show as before. There is thus 2 doll IONI. Affected by the Parkinson's disease Alain died 9 years ago but his brother Francis pursued the Ioni shows for another 3 years in Japan. Francis in today 83 years and he is on form but he stopped his career.
We were in contact with Francis for several years and he agreed to sell us 2 dolls to be able to pursue the work of his brother Alain. Several bids were sent to him as that of the famous Bobby Berosini who was forced to replace his show of orang-utan in the Big MGM in Las Vegas. Francis chose us as our knowledge and our love of puppets and our sense of the "Swiss" precision.
We shall do everything to deserve it!
We work at present to be able to present this show in a few months. We have all the documents and the available videos which redraw the history of IONI. We created a foundation « SAVE IONI » to be able to finance the restoration of Ioni 1.
We are in Switzerland. Information: info@enclin.ch
Thanks for your attention
Gerard ENCLIN

Return to “General”