ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING THE FUTURE OF THE FORUM: SUBSCRIBERS ONLY STARTING NEXT WEEK

Discuss general aspects of Genii.

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING THE FUTURE OF THE FORUM: SUBSCRIBERS ONLY STARTING NEXT WEEK

Postby Guest » January 16th, 2008, 2:44 pm

So, what happens if you have a subscription but live in two homes across the country from one another with different IP addresses?

Can you only post on the board from one terminal??

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING THE FUTURE OF THE FORUM: SUBSCRIBERS ONLY STARTING NEXT WEEK

Postby Guest » January 16th, 2008, 3:20 pm

Ok, I'll subscribe if I can have 7734.
Or 9.

Postby Guest » January 16th, 2008, 3:41 pm

Originally posted by Chris Ritter:
So, what happens if you have a subscription but live in two homes across the country from one another with different IP addresses?

Can you only post on the board from one terminal??
Chris, that shouldn't be a problem. Yes, they can log your IP address and see that you are writing from two locations. No, it shouldn't matter. Your login name and password is how they identify you. Most of us post from multiple machines anyway. It's only if they suspect abuse that they do further digging looking for anomalies. Multiple IP's from one person, no problem. Multiple names from the same IP raises some eyebrows, especially if those names are linked to harassing posts.

Postby Guest » January 16th, 2008, 3:51 pm

Originally posted by John Iacono:
I venture to say that the Geni forums will become very dull with this new policy
Not as long as we have Pete Biro to make bad puns. :p

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 16th, 2008, 4:20 pm

Okay all you nuts: WAIT!
Brad has told me that the deletion of the registration database is now in progress.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER UNTIL YOU SEE SOME SORT OF NOTICE BECAUSE THE SYSTEM WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO DO SO!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » January 17th, 2008, 7:58 am

Posted by Lance Pierce:

Why do you want mu shu pork this time of night?

'Cause #340 gives me a sharp pain across my head.

Okito

Postby Okito » January 17th, 2008, 6:50 pm

Thank you, Richard, for continuing to make this most amazing resource available to all of us.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » January 18th, 2008, 4:34 am

Is this the Magic Cafe forum? I'm looking for the Magic Cafe Forum. I'm interested in doing magic stuff. I have one of those plastic thumbs. Are you guys all magicians? Where am I? Am I in the wrong place? I typed in Magic Cafe and wound up here. What's going on? Somebody help me. I've fallen down the rabbit hole and I can't get up.

Ken Becker

Postby Ken Becker » January 18th, 2008, 6:21 pm

Bob,
Do a search for the looking glass, and if you find Alice, I'm sure she will help!!!
:) :) :)

Ken Becker

Postby Ken Becker » January 18th, 2008, 6:22 pm

Bob,
Do a search for the looking glass, and if you find Alice, I'm sure she can help!!! :) :)

Return to “General”