The Classic Pass...

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Harry Lorayne

Re: The Classic Pass...

Postby Harry Lorayne » July 20th, 2011, 6:28 pm

Well, sure, I agree with that. Feeling of accomplishment, and so on. I'm guilty of that also, of course. Anyway, all silliness. The only point I was trying to make - that started all these posts - is that when there's a discussion about the Classic Pass, mentioning the top-card cover pass, is not such a terrible thing.

Mr. K

Postby Mr. K » July 21st, 2011, 8:07 am

Top card cover pass is a PASS everyone read it before postin & talking like you know what mr. Lorayne is saying, It is another version of the classic pass. & if you do not know or even have tried the pass you will know how hard it is, So if you do the pass & use an up n down motion know thate if you do it right away or even a little bit later & your hanve not practiced in front of a mirror to check the angles you will get caught & the will talk about how horible you or the magician was. I have heard & seen this lameness in the streets & @ the Magic Castle. So people stop arguing in what is right n wrong, I posted this to let Magician know to do the move better & know when to do it is the key & because of the LAME internet magicians that do not care about the industry posting vidio's that they think is right is just stupi & wrong! & some laymen know somthing shady went on during that stupid up down motion,,Know you aint fooling no one unless they are 6 years old or blind! Have a great day my friends!!
>Its Only MAGIC!!<

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 21st, 2011, 1:53 pm

Funkytek: please try to use paragraph returns, proper punctuation, and proper spelling in your posts. It would make them much easier to read and understand. Thank you.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Mike Rozek

Postby Mike Rozek » July 21st, 2011, 2:27 pm

Sigh.

Donal Chayce

Postby Donal Chayce » July 21st, 2011, 7:32 pm

Mike Rozek wrote:Sigh.

No good deed goes unpunished.
;)
The MacGician®

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » July 30th, 2011, 2:01 am

As the pass is executed, there are two potential "flash points" that would reveal the transposition of the two halves of the deck. . . . In order to shield these movements, you may employ the following technique which will tilt the front of the pack, first upward, to cover the movement from above, then down to cover the movement from below.

John Carney Secrets, 2002, p. 243

bagelsandlox

Postby bagelsandlox » July 30th, 2011, 9:45 pm

I learned the Top Card Cover Pass from Harry Lorayne's Stars Of Magic video. It was the missing piece to my doing a good classic pass.

Return to “General”