Look into the not too distant future for magazines

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Re: Look into the not too distant future for magazines

Postby Dustin Stinett » December 22nd, 2009, 1:24 am

Ive been trying to find a way to address some of these comments without coming off as a smartass, but much of this talk falls into what I do for a living so, screw it; Im a smartass (but Ill keep it brief).

There is nothing basic about the economics that drives consumer spending.

And consumer demand does not always shape consumer spending or the marketplace.

Consumer demand had nothing to do with the reformulation of the laundry detergents that now dominate the marketplace. That was an industry-wide manufacturer choice and it had everything to do with cost and packaging.

Trust me when I tell you that one pound coffee that weighs in at a whopping12 ounces was not driven by consumer demand.

The change of vegetable oil into plastic bottles (which allows it to go rancid faster versus glass) was not a consumer demand.

Perhaps someone can tell me whywhen demand seemed quite highGeorge Lucas waited for so long to release the original three Star Wars films on DVD? (I know.)

I could go on, but this realitythat such manipulation of the marketplace is not always consumer demand drivenis boring except to those who profit from it.

Oh: And oftentimes government intrusion/intervention into the free market (like it or not and this isnt the place to debate that) also shapes consumer choices and thus demand. My primary client sells products that are illegal in eight states. Bummer; because, based on internet sales, theres a demand in all of them.

The only certainty is that whatever happens will.

Dustin

NCMarsh
Favorite Magician: Devant, Wonder, Richiardi, Benson, DeKolta, Teller, Harbin, Durham, Caveney, Ben, Hoy, Berglas, Marceau

Postby NCMarsh » December 22nd, 2009, 1:58 am

Dustin,

You are, of course, correct.

In my eagerness to point out that commerce is not one-way, I over-simplified the role of demand in commercial decisions (though, and I insist on pointing this out, "basic" was not my word).

When an entire industry moves in one direction to protect their own interests, the consumer is left without choice. It is also the case that such decisions create opportunities for those with their ears to the ground who are willing to move away from the herd (cf. Southwest airlines and bag fees).

As to "whatever happens will," I certainly agree.

It is worth noting that my alma mater keeps several niche publishers in business through the need otherwise unobtainable texts. Even with tight margins, an enthusiastic reader base (and enthusiastic readers -- in my experience -- are enthusiastic about the experience of reading) can sustain printed publishing in certain niches.

On a tangentially related subject:

Do any of these electronic readers have the ability to make marginal notes, underlining, etc. on a page?

N.

the Larry

Postby the Larry » December 22nd, 2009, 3:03 am

Nobody talks about niche publishing here. We are discussing if digital content will on a large scale replace printed content and when this is likely to happen. Today there are companies that still press LPs - that is not the point. Of course, some amount of books will always be printed and it could very well be that magic is a niche where printed matter will remain strong for a long time, but I am not betting on it seeing the DVD magician generation. It is but only a small step to go from DVD to digitally delivered videos. And if you look around a little bit then you can see that this transition is already happening.

The comparison of Betamax vs VHS is, allow me to say, stupid. Because that would apply to Kindle vs Nook for example or Kindle vs SonyReader but not to paper vs digital. Video tapes happened and so will digital contents (ebooks, emagazines, ...). Exactly in what format with what reader and so on remains to be seen, but it is going to happen.

Well, I have worked for decades in the media industry. If you have a way to look behind the scenes what is going on today inside the big players you will know that this whole digital content thing is already much much further along than what you can read in the press. If some of the things I happen to know would be public information the discussion would look quite different.

Supply is just as important as demand. Several years ago digital content suffered under the lack of supply. Simply put, most of the content you wanted was not available digital. This has changed today. Most of the interesting content is available digital. Once publishers will end printing, demand has no way but to shift to digital contents. And even those screaming and kicking will have no choice but to come along, or go fishing rather than reading. That choice remains.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » December 22nd, 2009, 5:22 am

NCMarsh wrote:The reality is that consumption drives commerce; supply follows demand.

Of course! That is why Apple launched the iPhone and the App Store. Millions of people all round the world were DEMANDING apps for their phone and DEMANDING they pay for them.

Oh hang on a minute, no one was, were they?

So clearly you can force consumers to decide they want something if you package it well.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » December 22nd, 2009, 8:03 am

NCMarsh wrote:...On a tangentially related subject:

Do any of these electronic readers have the ability to make marginal notes, underlining, etc. on a page?

N.

That's part of the hypertext document model from back in the 1980s.

Been a part of Adobe Acrobat for a while and now you can get: http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/

Jim Maloney

Postby Jim Maloney » December 22nd, 2009, 8:48 am

NCMarsh wrote:Do any of these electronic readers have the ability to make marginal notes, underlining, etc. on a page?

Nearly all of them do.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 10th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » December 22nd, 2009, 11:30 am

Here's a more contemporary issue to examine

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/20 ... y-doctorow

For our more out-of-touch readers - it's essentaily like saying you can have the book but you can't read it in the sunlight or under anything but a special lamp.
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

David Alexander

Postby David Alexander » December 22nd, 2009, 11:49 am

Almost exactly a year ago this month Distribution Video Audio Inc., the last major supplier of pre-recorded VHS tapes, shipped their last truckload. VHS is no longer supported with new releases.

The "winner" in the VHS vs. Betamax format war was eventually replaced with a better technology, DVD, which had beaten out the Laserdisk format. While VHS players still work well there is no new content produced for them. The same for Laserdisks. Today the format is DVD and Blu-Ray which, in time, will be replaced with something else that will require the consumer to buy a new accessing device.

The niche magazine publishing market is a different animal and is where Genii resides. As I understand it, most of Richard's subscribers want a printed magazine, a tangible product they can hold in their hands and read without batteries or an access device that will only be viable until the e-reader wars declare a winner.

Further, Genii's production infrastructure is geared to producing a printed magazine. Converting would be a massive and costly gamble. Subscribers would be lost and subscribers gained. How long would it take for subscriptions to stabilize and earn back the cost of conversion? Who among those advocating for conversion to digital wants to put up the money for the conversion? Even a simultaneous digital edition is fraught with the inevitability of digital theft.

That, to me, is the crux of the matter. If you think there is a viable market for a digital magic magazine not a publication put out as a hobby but one that can actually bring in a family-supporting income - by all means put your money where your opinions are.

Im guessing the project would need $100,000 to $200,000 to get off the ground and at least a couple of years to fully penetrate the market and become established IF there is sufficient support within the magic community. Who wants to put up their money and a couple of years time?

Roger M.

Postby Roger M. » December 22nd, 2009, 12:09 pm

I read stuff like this forum online, but frankly I'm not at all interested in Genii magazine in any sort of "digital edition".

I'm in a different mindset when I read my monthly Genii.

I want Genii just as it is, so I can lay on my bed and read it, sit on the beach and read it, read it on a plane, stick it in the outside pocket of my suitcase when I fly, fold it lengthwise and stick it in my coat pocket, and do a few dozen other things that would leave a "electro-book" with multiple repair issues, all likely within weeks (or days) of taking it out of the box.

No thanks to e-book readers and digital Genii's........and I'm probably not alone in this general line of thinking with regards to things that "paper" does well that "electronics" can't do at all.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 22nd, 2009, 12:14 pm

My intention is to keep publishing a paper magazine until it is absolutely necessary to ALSO publish a digital edition.

My fear is that eventually the printers who produce small run magazines will eventually go out of business (ditto for the small run textbook printers who print all the magic books in our little world). When that happens, we will be left without a choice in the matter.

Don't ask me when it will happen. Like everyone else, I don't know. Every day I put both hands on my butt to check that it's still there. :)
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » December 22nd, 2009, 12:21 pm

Just my perspective here:

I like reading books and magazines.

When it comes time to research - electronic indexing and then scans of the material suffice. At that point it goes back to the choice between seeing what's there or enjoying the material in context. Finding that cited material is inaccessible for casual reading pushes the argument toward electronic media for the large part.

The monthly timely reading experience in context remains valuable to me.

Thanks for Genii Magazine Richard - and happy Holidays

-Jon

NCMarsh
Favorite Magician: Devant, Wonder, Richiardi, Benson, DeKolta, Teller, Harbin, Durham, Caveney, Ben, Hoy, Berglas, Marceau

Postby NCMarsh » December 22nd, 2009, 1:04 pm

Mr. Goat's response to "demand drives commerce":

Of course! That is why Apple launched the iPhone and the App Store. Millions of people all round the world were DEMANDING apps for their phone and DEMANDING they pay for them.

Oh hang on a minute, no one was, were they?

"Demand drives commerce" does not mean "demand precedes a commercial offering"

Demand drives commerce in the same way natural selection drives the development of a species. Businesses offer products and services, and those that don't fill demand die. Likewise, those that leave unmet demand on the table risk losing that business to a competitor. Those that find unmet demand and are able to profitably supply it, own the rest of us....

Demand is the oxygen of commerce. And as long as there is oxygen in this little corner where people like ink and paper, someone can light a match and keep it burning....

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » December 22nd, 2009, 1:10 pm

And just a week after karaoke got old at the bar - we have guitar hero and rock band for home use.

Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Postby Joe Mckay » December 23rd, 2009, 9:43 am

SLATE MAGAZINE (one of the best websites on the net) gives an interesting over-view on the product that MrGoat mentioned at the start of this thread. The journalist agrees with my magic 8-ball...

Outlook not so good

Joe

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » December 23rd, 2009, 9:58 am

Still waiting for a bathroom friendly reader.
Till then - paper it is and then it goes away.
The weeklys at least. - short shelf life/context.

Monthlys... probably a good idea to treat "back issues" as a split subject for research versus collecting where the research side is electronic and online.

DrDanny

Postby DrDanny » December 23rd, 2009, 10:55 am

I popped for a Sony ereader last year sometime. It was recommended by several friends (and a few enemies) as the best available option. I'm hardly a Luddite, but I hated the thing.
I packed it with downloaded PDF books, mostly from Racherbaumer's site, e.g. Leg. Kabbala, et al. I found the zooming capabilities maddening: if the text was small enough to fit an entire paragraph on page, the illustrations were too small to see; zoom up to see the pix, no text available.

But my largest complaint is with "purchasable" materials. Publishers want to license copies to you that cannot be shared or resold, and give very little in the way of a price break. I'm not talking about so-called "piracy" either, but normal transactions that book lovers have enjoyed for centuries. For only a couple dollars more you can buy an actual hardback which can then be shared or sold to 2nd-hand bookstores. Also, a wall of packed bookshelves is at least an R-19 insulator, yes?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: there's really no compelling reason to switch to e-readers. They're expensive, unfriendly, and serve no purpose that I can detect except to make the publishers more money.

OTOH, for ephemeral stuff like newspapers and magazines, I find electronic copy quite nice. I end up tossing hardcopy magazines and newspapers anyway, and most before I've had a chance to fully digest them. I think bits are friendlier to the environment than huge piles of rotting paper. And I've gotten a LOT of value from the collections at askalexander.org, way more than the price of CARC dues.

NCMarsh

Postby NCMarsh » December 23rd, 2009, 10:56 am

There is a worthwhile Times article cited in the Slate piece Joe links to:

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/ ... ook&st=cse

It reads like a dynamic situation. Jump in too early (the Slate piece mentions that Newsweek lost a lot of money betting that magazines were going to move to CD ROM) and lose a lot of money, jump in too late (music industry and digital music) and lose a lot of money.

If someone can time the wave just right....

The other thing that comes out of the Times piece is a picture of a divide between publishers and retailers. Publishers are selling eBooks at the same wholesale cost as hard copies, and are now delaying the release of eBooks so that e-sales don't cannibalize paper sales.

On the other hand, Amazon is heavily invested in the success of eBooks -- they're selling most of them at a loss right now and, of course, have the Kindle.

So the broad picture painted in the conversation above of "eBook = bigger margins = better for publisher" isn't quite accurate, and there are competing tides pulling on the supply side. At the moment, publishers are acting aggressively to protect their paper sales at the cost of pixel sales.

The more I read/consider it, the more convinced I become that the analogue for print vs. electronic publishing is radio vs. television. When TV came out, there was quite a bit of speculation that it meant the end of radio. Why just listen to sound when you can have sound and picture? The reality is that they survive separately.

This seems a viable scenario for publishing, with paper surviving alongside pixel...particularly if major publishers continue taking action to protect paper sales

N.

Eoin O'hare

Postby Eoin O'hare » December 23rd, 2009, 11:00 am

Jonathan Townsend wrote:Still waiting for a bathroom friendly reader.

Magazines printed on tissue paper?
Designer & Maker of The Stripper Jig Card Trimmer

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » December 23rd, 2009, 11:54 am

Armchair academics aside, just where do we read?
In bed, in the recliner in the living room, in the bathroom, maybe in the doctor's office?

Even our more deluded visitors know that some weekly magazines are compiled from articles designed to be read in one sitting.

Some of us are not amused to buy a magazine to check a cited reference. Nor to hear special pleadings that scholarly works are not treated as scholarly works - if you've submitted and gotten published you know the courtesies - and the drill. Most who want to look up an old item (more than a couple months) really don't care to wade through color glossy pages of advertisments for things that now look quaint compared to the knockoffs and upgrades which hit the market years ago.

Then ... we get to the carbon footprint of our paper fetish.

From someone who's still working on his handwriting,

-Jon

the Larry

Postby the Larry » December 23rd, 2009, 1:50 pm

David Alexander wrote:Further, Genii's production infrastructure is geared to producing a printed magazine. Converting would be a massive and costly gamble. Subscribers would be lost and subscribers gained. How long would it take for subscriptions to stabilize and earn back the cost of conversion? Who among those advocating for conversion to digital wants to put up the money for the conversion? Even a simultaneous digital edition is fraught with the inevitability of digital theft.

Mr. Alexander, I have to respectfully but vigorously disagree. I don't know a single publisher who has not digitized his pre-press process. By that I mean that any publication today is composed on the computer and then most often exported as PDF for printing purposes. I don't know how Mr. Kaufman does his work but I would be very surprised if he does not send a PDF or some other digital format to his printer.

That means what you call 'converting would be a massive and costly gamble' is simply complete nonsense. Genii could be offered as a digital magazine tomorrow without further cost or work. And if Genii would be offered both in print and digital, no subscribers would be lost. And if the digital edition would be priced fairly, that is passing on savings in print and distribution to the customer, I would not be surprised if a good part of the subscribers would go for the digital edition. At this point Mr. Kaufman would earn the same amount of money. He would make the same amount of profit. It would simply mean a lower cost for those who prefer the digital version. Actually, I think he would make more money, because he would capture those who would only buy the digital version, and there are a few of those, too. Or he could price the digital version such that he makes a bit more on the digital edition and still offer customers a price break.

I am sure you will now say: "But you are forgetting piracy." That is always the excuse of those who have no clue. I have run into this dozens of times with other publishing executives. On the surface this argument looks logical, but those who actually have studied and measured it know that it is not true. Not true at all. It would take me too long to go into all the nuances why this is so, but let me give you a short explanation why piracy would not increase but decrease, yes you are reading this correctly. When you start offering digital versions of your content sales go up and piracy goes down. I have seen the numbers and it makes sense. Here is why:

1) Piracy already happens even if the content is only printed. A quick look at the various file sharing sites will prove that point. I have never checked this for magic books but I would be surprised if I could not find Genii issues and the various Kaufman books there.

2) Those who for whatever reason want the digital version (maybe because they want it NOW, or because they like searchability, or several other reasons) are 'driven' to piracy if no digital version is available.

3) Piracy has a positive marketing effect. There are people who will learn about your products and your contents through pirating channels. If they like your content they are likely to pay for it eventually.

It is mostly 2) that accounts for the majority of the effect. We could see this clearly with Napster. Customers wanted to download music but couldn't do so legally. So they became pirates using Napster. Once Apple put iTunes up all of this changed to the point where big labels have dropped DRM or are considering DRM altogether. The vast majority of us is perfectly willing to pay a fair price for the contents we seek.

Forgive me for this post. It is not my intention to lecture anybody here, and certainly not Mr. Kaufman who is putting out a respectable magic magazine. But if I would still be a publishing executive I would not hesitate a second to offer my content also in digital form.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 23rd, 2009, 2:38 pm

Yes, all of our production is digital and we send a pdf file to the printer.

However, if I were to turn Genii into a digital magazine, it would be considerably different than simply letting people download a pdf file. As far as I'm concerned, that's not form following function. That's still dragging an old dinosaur into the new world without adapting it to the changed technology.

TheLarry is ignoring the problematic moment that will occur in the scenario he is promoting, which is a tipping point that is reached when the number of people who want the digital edition creates a situation where it becomes impossible to create a printed edition because the fewer units you print, the higher the price goes.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » December 23rd, 2009, 3:11 pm

It's more likely that one could enhance this BBS with a subscription componant for articles and tell the advertisers to provide internet ready links to pages and sized icons for places.

the Larry

Postby the Larry » December 23rd, 2009, 3:44 pm

Well, we have run the numbers in the past. There is no tipping point. Here is how it goes. Let's assume your magazine has a print run of 5,000 today. And let's assume you pay $5/issue for print and distribution and you charge $70 for subscription. I don't know your actual numbers but the absolute value of the numbers don't matter. Exchange them with your true numbers. Beside the subscription income you will have ad income which we assume for this illustration to stay constant. However, as an aside, advertisers will most likely enjoy the hyperlinking to their product pages that a digital edition allows. You will therefore be able to either charge a bit more for advertising or get more advertisers or both. But I am leaving this benefit out from my analysis.

Additionally a digital option will increase subscriptions but I am leaving this out, too. I assume subscribers to stay constant.

That means that each issue costs you today $25k to print and distribute. The cost to actually write and produce the contents does not change and does not factor into this analysis.

If you produce 12 issues a year then that costs you $60 per subscriber. At $70 you only make $10 per subscriber nominally but of course you have the ad revenue that makes this magazine business really worthwhile and that is where you make your profit. Of course, without subscribers no advertisers which makes my description somewhat simplistic but I don't want to write a dissertation here. I am already providing you information others pay me $600/hour.

Now let's say that initially 100 people go for a digital edition that you price at $30. So instead of $10 per subscription you make $30 because we also assume that there is literally no cost in offering the PDF. The print run is almost not impacted and therefore your printer will not charge you more per issue. Actually you will continue to print 5000 issues and leave the remaining 100 for promotional purposes.

At this point you are already making a bit more money from the higher margin digital subscriptions.

Now let's assume that more and more enjoy the $30 digital edition and from your 5000 subscribers 1000 go for the digital edition and 4000 go for the print. You are now making $20k more in subscriptions from the digital subscribers. And now the printer will charge you more per issue because you are only printing 4000. Let's say he is charging you 20 cents more per issue. This means you pay $9600 more in printing for these 4000 subscribers than you did when you were printing 5000 copies. But you are also making $20k more from the digital subscribers. You use this additional profit from the digital subscribers to subsidize the cost of the print subscribers.

If you price it right you can always make more money than before or adjust it so that you always make the same amount of money. If my numbers don't work for you simply increase the price of the digital subscription. There is a lot of room to play for you. Even if you offer the digital subscription at $40 it would still be an interesting option for many.

As more and more switch to the digital version you have more and more profit to subsidize the fewer and fewer print subscribers, until you reach the point where you can either stop printing entirely or satisfy the remaining few hundred paper subscribers with a print-on-demand printing option.

In the end you as a publisher will make a lot more money. This is not a hypothetical scenario. This has taken place many times and will take place many more times in the future. Of course, making money is not necessarily your primary motivation. If Genii provides the income you want and everything works just fine then there is no need to change. However, in this case my prediction will be a slow reduction of your subscriber base, because customers will more and more want a digital option and if you can't offer it they will find a different magazine or website that offers it to them. The loss of subscribers can go faster than you can adjust. I have seen it in other markets. It is very hard to get subscribers back once they are gone, even if you then later offer a digital option. And then Genii is at risk to die because a significant number of subscribers has been lost which triggers an exodus of advertisers leading into a downward spiral until you can't afford to put it out. And even if you go digital in such a downward spiral it is most likely too late.

But enough of my lecturing. It is not my business.

David Alexander

Postby David Alexander » December 23rd, 2009, 4:44 pm

Happy to be corrected on the process...but Larry, you could have done it without the personal ad hominem attack. I don't believe I did that to your weasely little $600 an hour self-important lecturing self. ;-)

And a Happy Holiday to you...

Phil Angees

Postby Phil Angees » December 23rd, 2009, 5:52 pm

the Larry writes " Piracy already happens even if the content is only printed. A quick look at the various file sharing sites will prove that point. I have never checked this for magic books but I would be surprised if I could not find Genii issues and the various Kaufman books there."

It looks like he's right. A fairly quick search brought these results (I didn't check for redundancy or errors):

110 Amazing Magic Tricks With Everyday Objects - Marvin's Magic.pdf
A .K. Dutt - Silk and Flower Magic.pdf
A. Roterberg - Later Day Tricks.pdf
Al Baker & Co - Our Mysteries.pdf
Alex Elmsley - NFW.pdf
Anders Moden - Healed & Sealed Soda.pdf
Balloon Sculpture.pdf
Bar Tricks - Beer Bottle Magic Trick.pdf
Bill Tarr - Now You See It, Now You Don't! - Lessons In Sleight Of Hand.pdf
Cesaral Melting Point.pdf
Dan and Dave Buck - Five the notes.pdf
Dan Garrett - Closeup Connivery - Vol 2.pdf
Dan Harlan - Creativity In 9 Steps.pdf
Dan Harlan - DateTrick.pdf
Dan Harlan & Mark Leventhal - The Minotaur March 1992.pdf
Daniel Garcia - Scatter.pdf
Daniel Garcia next notes.pdf
Darwin Ortiz - Gambling Scams.pdf
David Blaine's Magic Revealed.pdf
David Copperfield - Laser Pen Illusion.pdf
David Copperfield - Magic Revealed.pdf
David Copperfield - Misled.pdf
David Ginn - Almost Unpublished.pdf
David Goldblatt - Ventriloquism.pdf
David Williamson - How Magic Works.pdf
David Williamson Story.pdf
Eugene Burger - Audience Involvement Lecture.pdf
Eugene Burger - Collected Essays.pdf
Extreme (street) Magic.pdf
Frank R Wallace - Neocheating.pdf
Gary Ouellet - Close Up Illusions.pdf
Genii - David Regal.pdf
Genii Magazine - v44 No7 - July 1980.pdf
Gregory Wilson - Hundy 500.pdf
Harlan Tarbell - Tarbell Course (1).pdf
Harlan Tarbell - The Original Course in Magic of Harlan Tarbell.pdf
Harry Houdini - Miracle Mongers And Their Methods.pdf
Harry Lorayne - Apocalypse Vol 1-5.pdf
Harry Lorayne - Super Power Memory.pdf
Houdini Torture Cell.pdf
Illusions and Mental Phenomena Vol 1.pdf
J.H. Burlingame - Tricks in Magic.pdf
Jack Miller's Linking Rings Routine.pdf
Jean MERLIN - The Merlin's Book of Magic (French).pdf
Jeff Ezell - Close-up & Parlor Magic Lecture Notes.pdf
Jim Warren - The Art Of Jim Warren - The Great Illusion.pdf
John Carney - Prediction Carneycopia (Center Tear).pdf
John Cornelius - Fickle Nickle.pdf
John Lovick - Rumpus (manca Password).pdf
John Williams - Ezy Magic Fun Book.pdf
Larry Becker - Stunners Plus.pdf
Lou Gallo - Incredible Cards & Coins.pdf
Magic Tricks - The Fruit Machine Code.pdf
Magic Tricks 110 Page Ebook.pdf
Magic Tricks for the Beginning Magician.pdf
Magician's Arsenal, Professional Tricks Of The Trade.pdf
Marc Desouza - Die of Destiny.pdf
Marc Spelmann - Glimpse.pdf
Mathemagic (magic tricks).pdf
Michael Hall - The sourcebook of Magic (NLP).pdf
Paper Magic - Houdini.pdf
Party Magic Tricks.pdf
Pencil Manipulation.pdf
Pickpocketing - Eddie Joseph.pdf
Richard Kaufman - Richard's Almanac.pdf
Richard Kaufman - Secrets Draun From Underground.pdf
Richard Kaufman - Secrets of Brother John Hamman - photos.pdf
Richard Kaufman - The secrets of brother John Hamman - scan.pdf
Robert Anue Hypnotic Card Deck.pdf
Ross Jeffries - Magick and Psychic Influence.pdf
Shoot Ogawa - Unbelievable.pdf
Simon Aronson - The Linking Ring 2002 Cover Story.pdf
Simon Lovell - PCAM Covention 1995.pdf
Simon Lovell - Pen thru tongue.pdf
Simon Lovell - Second to None Illustrations.pdf
Simon Lovell -1- Second to None.pdf
Slydini - Flight Of The Paper Balls.pdf
Stars Of Magic - John Scarne - Classic Ball Routine.pdf
Stars Of Magic - John Scarne - Triple Coincidence.pdf
Tarbell Course in Magic.pdf
The Art & Meaning of Magic.pdf
The Structure Of Magic Vol I by Richard Bandler and John Grinder (OCR).pdf
Thomas Henry - One Man Parade - The Linking Ring.pdf
Tommy Wonder - The Books of Wonder Vol 1.pdf
Tommy Wonder - The Books of Wonder Vol 2.pdf
Tommy Wonder - Wonder Materials.pdf
Topit Plans.pdf
Trickshop.com - Matrix.pdf
Troy Hooser - exTROYdinary.pdf
Will Blyth - Paper Magic.pdf
Aldo Colombini - Magnetic.pdf
Aldo Colombini - Mammamia.pdf
Aldo Colombini - Pre-Deckability.pdf
Aldo Colombini - The Band - 13 New Effects With Cards & Rubber Bands.pdf
Andrew Mayne - Bisection.pdf
Andrew Mayne - Body Morphin (Tricks & Effects Using Your Body).pdf
Andrew Mayne - Head Twister.pdf
Andrew Mayne - MindFX Magic and Mentalism Gone Mad.PDF
Andrew Mayne - Pocket Sawing In Half.pdf
Andrew Mayne - Shock Magic.pdf
Andrew Mayne - Solo X.pdf
Andrew Mayne - Spike Through Tongue.pdf
Andrew Mayne - Three Steps to Dramatic Magic.pdf
Andrew MAYNE - Touching Sky.pdf
Andrew Mayne - Touching the Sky.pdf
Andrew Mayne - Tricky Thinking (A Little Guide To Big Ideas).pdf
Andrew Mayne - X-Ray Specs.pdf
Annemann - 202 Methods of Forcing.pdf
Annemann - Annemann's Card Miracles.pdf
Annemann - Buried Treasure.pdf
Annemann - Card Miracles.pdf
Annemann - Complete One Man Mental And Psychic Routine.pdf
Annemann - Mental Mysteries (1).pdf
Annemann - Mental Mysteries.pdf
Annemann - Practical Mental Magic (2).pdf
Annemann - Practical Mental Magic.pdf
Card Sleights And Moves Dai Vernon.pdf
Dai Vernon - A Chinese Classic.pdf
Dai Vernon - Card of Gods.pdf
Dai Vernon - Card sleights and moves.pdf
Dai Vernon - Expert Card Technique (The Lost Chapters).pdf
Dai Vernon - Further Inner Secrets of Card Magic.pdf
Dai Vernon - Inner Secrets of Card Magic.pdf
Dai Vernon - More Inner Secrets of Card Magic.pdf
Dai Vernon - Trick that Cannot be Explained.pdf
Dai Vernon - Triumph.pdf
Dai Vernon - Ultimate Secrets of Card Magic (V1).pdf
Dai Vernon - Ultimate Secrets of Card Magic Section Three.01.pdf
Dai Vernon - Ultimate Secrets of Card Magic Section Two.pdf
Dai Vernon - Ultimate Secrets of Card Magic section.pdf
Dai Vernon - Ultimate secrets of card magic.pdf
Dai Vernon's Inner Secrets of Card Magic (by Lewis Ganson).pdf
Lewis Ganson - The Dai Vernon Book of Magic.pdf
Stars Of Magic - Dai Vernon - Cutting The Aces.pdf
Docc Hilford - Band of the Hand.pdf
Docc Hilford - Burn Witch Burn.pdf
Docc Hilford - Cards Cairo.pdf
Docc Hilford - Cellular Mitosis.pdf
Docc Hilford - center tear.pdf
Docc Hilford - Dance of Shiva.pdf
Docc Hilford - Dark Cloak (1).pdf
Docc Hilford - E'VOQUE.pdf
Docc Hilford - Fem Fatale.pdf
Docc Hilford - Mentalism with Cards.pdf
Docc Hilford - Mephisto'S Journey.pdf
Docc Hilford - Rasputin's Secret.pdf
Docc Hilford - Sideshow.PDF
Docc Hilford - The 1000 Dollar Secret Seance.pdf
Docc Hilford - The Ball & Tube.pdf
Docc Hilford - The Cassandra Deck.pdf
Docc Hilford - The Richey Technique Revealed.pdf
Docc Hilford - The Sealed Tome #2.pdf
Docc Hilford - The Star Tradeshow Act.pdf
IMMACULATE DECEPTIONS.pdf
Jay Sankey - Amazing Tricks Lecture Notes.pdf
Jay Sankey - Best of Vol 1.pdf
Jay Sankey - Cut Here.pdf
Jay Sankey - Dough.pdf
Jay Sankey - Four Seasons.pdf
Jay Sankey - Magic Of Jay Sankey.pdf
Jay Sankey - Sankeytized.pdf
Jay Sankey - Up To Date.pdf
Jay Sankey - Wrap It Up.pdf
10 Card Poker Deal.wmv
Anytime Card to Wallet.pdf
Barrie Richardson - Impromptu Card At Any Number.pdf
Basic Card Control and Forcing.pdf
Billy Mccomb - Mccombical Card.pdf
Brad Burt - Signed Torn And Restored Card.pdf
Brad Christian - Kard Klub Book.pdf
Card College - Index.pdf
Card College 1 - Roberto Giobbi.pdf
Card College 2 - Roberto Giobbi.pdf
Card College 3 - Roberto Giobbi.pdf
Card College 4 - Roberto Giobbi.pdf
Card College 5 - Roberto Giobbi.pdf
Card Inside Eggshell.pdf
Card Magic.pdf
Card on ceiling street magic trick.pdf
Card On Train Window.pdf
Card Trick Central - Best Cards Tricks.pdf
Card Warp Card Illusion.pdf
Dan and Dave Buck - Blackjack Production.pdf
dan and dave buck - card across and to mouth.pdf
Dan And Dave Buck - Subway.pdf
Dan And Dave Buck - Tivo Transpo.pdf
Dan Harlan - Card-Toon Template.pdf
Daniel Garcia - Blueprints.pdf
David Copperfield - Grandpas Trick.pdf
David Forrest - Card Through Window.pdf
David Kenney - Card Soup.pdf
David Williamson - Aunt Mary's Terrible Secret.pdf
Dick Jacob - Three Card Monte.pdf
Dick Jacob's - Three Card Monte.pdf
Encyclopedia Of Card Tricks.pdf
Expert at the Card Table - S.W. Erdnase.pdf
Fearson, Steve - Floating Cigarette.pdf
Fearson, Steve - Self Levitation Box (2001)_ Ocr 6.0 Shareconnector.pdf
Gary Ouellet - The Hollywood Double Lift.pdf
Gazzo - Tossed-Out Deck.pdf
Guy Hollingworth - Reformation (Torn And Restored Card).pdf
Guy Hollingworth - The Reformation.pdf
Guy Hollingworth - Waving The Aces.pdf
Harry Anderson - Torn & Restored CARD 1.pdf
Harry Lorayne - Close-Up Card Magic - .pdf
Harry Lorayne - Close-Up Card Magic.pdf
Harry Lorayne - Red Black Divide Location.pdf
Invisible Card Deck & Stacking Order.pdf
Jean Hugard & Frederick Braue - Expert Card Technique.pdf
Jean Hugard & Frederick Braue - The Royal Road to Card Magic.pdf
Jean Huguard - Card Manipulations 1.pdf
Jean Huguard - Card Manipulations 2.pdf
Jean Huguard - Card Manipulations 3.pdf
Jean Huguard - Card Manipulations 4.pdf
Jean Huguard - Card Manipulations 5.pdf
Jeff Ezell - Three Card Miracle Revelation.pdf
John Lovick - The Reparation.pdf
John Scarne - Three Card monte.pdf
Juan Tamariz - Mnemonica (english).pdf
Karl Fulves - More Self-Working Card Tricks.pdf
Karl Hein - The Heinstein Shuffle.pdf
Learn Extreme Street Magic Video.pdf
Lennart Green - Snap Deal.pdf
Lennart Green Magic Card Tricks.pdf
Michael Kleber - The Best Card Trick.pdf
Nick Trost - Gambling Tricks with Cards.pdf
Paul Fox - Miracle Gimmick.pdf
Peter Duffie - The Card Addict.pdf
R. Paul Wilson - Omerta.pdf
Richard Kaufman - Cardmagic.pdf
Ricky Jay - Cards As Weapons.pdf
Ricky Jay - How to Throw Cards Advanced.pdf
Ricky Jay - How to Throw Cards Basic.pdf
Si Stebbins - Card Control System.pdf
Si Stebbins - Card Tricks.pdf
Simon Aronson - Memories Are Made of This.pdf
Swindled! The 3 Card Monte.pdf
Tarquin Churchwell - One Card Double Lift.pdf
The Royal Road To Card Magic.pdf
Tricks With A Svengali Deck.pdf
Trickshop - Marked Deck.pdf
Two-way magic Bicycle card system.pdf
Ultimate Card Magic Tricks.pdf
Ultimate Card through window.pdf
Ultimate Card To Pocket.pdf
Whit Haydn - Notes On Three-Card Monte.pdf
Gazzo - On The Cups And Balls.pdf
Goshman - Multiplying Sponge Balls.pdf
Learn Sponge Balls.pdf
Matt Beadle - Advanced Cups And Balls.pdf
Matt Beadle - Cups And Balls Explained.pdf
Michael Ammar - Cups & Balls.pdf
Richard Robinson - The Easy Sponge Ball Act.pdf
Scott Guinn - Great Scott's Cups and Balls Routine.pdf
Scott Guinn - Table-Hopping Cups And Balls.pdf
Paul Osborne - Haunted Illusions.pdf
Paul Osborne - Illusion Systems 1.pdf
Paul Osborne - Illusion Systems 2.pdf
Paul Osborne - Illusion Systems 3.pdf
Paul Osborne - Illusion Systems 4.pdf
Paul Osborne - The Black Book - 105 Where is She.pdf
Paul Osborne - Where Is She Magia Ilusion.pdf
Aliun Levitation.pdf
Card Levitation Learn to Levitate a Card.pdf
Dan Harlan - Hover Card.pdf
David Copperfield - Floating Rose - Explanation.pdf
Floating Bill and Small Objects Levitation.pdf
Levitation Library.pdf
Levitation.pdf
Life Skills - Magic - David Blaine - Levitation.pdf
Magic - Totaly Impromptu Deck Levitation Effect.pdf
Mike Bent's - Zero Gravity Levitation.pdf
Peter Loughran - Elevator The Ultimate Street Levitation.pdf
Steve Fearson - Easy Float.pdf
Steve Fearson - Floating Cigarette.pdf
Steve Fearson - Self Levitation Box.pdf
Steve Fearson - The Source (Making Invisible Thread & Wax).pdf
Tin Pusher - Making The Floating Match Effect.pdf
Andrew Mayne - 50 Ways to Make Money with Magic.pdf
Andrew Mayne - Making Money with Magic .pdf
Charles - Manual of Restaurant Magic 1.pdf
Charles - Manual of Restaurant Magic 2.pdf
Dan Tong - Restaurant & Table Magic.pdf
Eugene Burger - The Secrets of Restaurant Magic.pdf
Jim Pace- Magic for Restaurants.pdf
Michael Ammar on the business side of magic.pdf
Michael Ammar On The Business Side Of Magic2.pdf
Mind Reading for Fun and Profit.pdf
Paul Daniels - How To Make Money By Magic - 02.pdf
Paul Daniels - How To Make Money By Magic - 05.pdf
Paul Daniels - How To Make Money By Magic - 06.pdf
Randy Charach - Secrets of a millonaire magician.pdf
Richard Osterlind - The Business of Magic.pdf
Senor Mardo - Magic for Bartenders.pdf
Bobo - Modern Coin Magic.pdf
Daniel Garcia - Greed.pdf
Liesbeth Ketel - Coin Tricks.pdf
Magic Secrets - Modern Coin Magic.pdf
Richard Kaufman - Coin Magic.pdf
Francis Tabary - The Award-Winning Rope Magic Of Francis Tabary.pdf
Rope Magic.pdf
Tom Osborne's Three-to-One Rope Trick.pdf
Ed Marlo - Action Palms.pdf
Ed Marlo - FingerTip Control.pdf
Ed Marlo - Miracle Card Change.pdf
Ed Marlo - Revolutionary Card Technique.pdf
Edward Marlo - False Riffle Shuffle In One Shuffle.pdf
Edward Marlo - Marlo's Roughed Stripper Deck.pdf
Edward Marlo - Revolutionary Card Technique - Chapter 1 Miracle Card Change - Ocr.pdf
Edward Marlo - Seconds Cent.pdf
Edward Marlo - The Cardician - Index.pdf
Edward Marlo - The Cardician.pdf
The Marlo Miracle.pdf
Michael Ammar - 3rd world lecture notes.pdf
Michael Ammar - Albo Card.pdf
Michael Ammar - Fourth World Lecture Tour.pdf
Michael Ammar - Lecture Notes 2000.pdf
Michael Ammar - The Crazy Man's Handcuffs.pdf
Michael Ammar - The Magic Of Michael Ammar.pdf
Paul Harris - Art of Astonishment Vol. 1 (complete).pdf
Paul Harris - Art of Astonishment Vol. 2 (complete).pdf
Paul Harris - Art of Astonishment Vol. 3 (complete).pdf
Paul Harris - Buck Naked.pdf
Paul Harris - Close Up Fantasies Book One.pdf
Paul Harris - Close Up Fantasies Book Two.pdf
Paul Harris - Close Up Seduction- Card Tricks.pdf
Paul Harris - Immaculate Connection.pdf
R. Paul Wilson - 13.pdf
R. Paul Wilson - Absolute Zero Evolution.pdf
R. Paul Wilson - Boxed Transpo.pdf
R. Paul Wilson - Double Your Pleasure.pdf
R. Paul Wilson - Fan-2-C.pdf
R. Paul Wilson - In Slow Effect.pdf
R. Paul Wilson - Ricochet(1).pdf
R. Paul Wilson - TakingThem Easy.pdf
R. Paul Wilson - West Coast Slow.pdf
R. Paul Wilson Completely Crowded.pdf
Steve Fearson - Card in Ceiling.pdf
Steve Fearson - Fearson's Aces.pdf
Steve Fearson - Insertion template.pdf
Steve Fearson - Insertion.pdf
Steve Fearson - Repop.pdf
Steve Fearson - Station Manager.pdf
Steve Fearson - The Secret Knowledge.pdf
Steve Fearson - ThumbThing Templates.pdf
Steve Fearson - Thumbthing.pdf
Steve Fearson - Video Vision.pdf

Angelo Stagnaro - European Mentalism Lecture Notes - 2005.doc
Basil Horfitz - Mental Magic IV.pdf
Ben Rayot - Deadly Mentalism.PDF
Body Language.pdf
Chuck Hickok - Mentalism Incorporated.pdf
Encyclopedic Dictionary of Mentalism - Volume 1.pdf
Encyclopedic Dictionary of Mentalism - Volume 3.pdf
George B. Anderson - Dynamite Mentalism.pdf
How to Tell if Someone is Lying.pdf
Impromptu Mind Reading Effect.pdf
Jas Jakutsch - Completely Mental - Vol 2.pdf
Joseph R. Plazo - PhD of Persuasion.pdf
Juan Tamariz - Mental Blockbuster Prediction.pdf
Katz - mentalism in linguistics.pdf
Larry Becker - Bold Business.pdf
Larry Becker - Book Test 4 Dummies.pdf
Larry Becker - Out of Body.pdf
Larry Becker - World of Super Mentalism I.pdf
Larry Becker - World Of Super Mentalism, II.pdf
Mark Timon - Triple Impact Design Duplication - Mentalism.pdf
Max Maven - Flaunting Five Fanciful Formulae.pdf
Mental tricks 6 techniques (pwd=ebookPublications).pdf
Nick Trost - Mental Card Miracles.pdf
Ormond McGill - Psychic Magic - Vol 2.pdf
Ormond McGill - Psychic Magic - Vol 4.pdf
Patrick Page - Entertaining ESP.pdf
Phil Goldstein - The Blue, Red, And Green Books Of Mentalism.pdf
Phil Goldstein - The Blue-green and red Book Of Mentalism.pdf
Phil Goldstein - The Violet Book of Mentalism.pdf
Phil Goldstein - The Yellow Book Of Mentalism.pdf
Psychokinesis Magic Book.pdf
Ralph W Read - One Man Mind Reading Secrets.pdf
Robert Nelson - Deluxe Club Mind Reading.pdf
Sealed Vision - Will Dexters.pdf
Using Playing Cards in Mentalism.pdf
William Walker Atkinson - Practical Mind Reading.pdf
Banachek - Card Revelations, The Telephone Bullet Catch and more.pdf
Banachek - Easy Effects.pdf
Banachek - Effects.pdf
Banachek - PK Touches.pdf
Banachek - PreThoughts.pdf
Banachek - Psychokinetic Time.pdf
Banachek - Psychokinetic Touches.pdf
Banachek - Psychological Subtleties.pdf
Banachek - Psychophysiological Thought Reading.pdf
Banachek - taming the poltergeist.pdf
Ben Rayot - Deadly Mentalism.chm
Ben Rayot - Deadly Mentalism.hhc
Ben Rayot - Deadly Mentalism.hhk
Ben Rayot - Deadly Mentalism.hhp
Bob Cassidy - 39 Steps to Mentalism.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Art of Mentalism 1.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Art Of Mentalism 2.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Art of mentalism 3.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Bent On Strange.pdf
Bob Cassidy - But Stranger Still.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Crossroads Crosswords.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Dr. Crow's Psychic Secrets.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Dreams and Devices.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Extremely Remote.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Fundamentals - A Guidebook To Mentalism (1).pdf
Bob Cassidy - Fundamentals - A Guidebook To Mentalism(1).pdf
Bob Cassidy - Fundamentals - A Guidebook to Mentalism.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Fundamentals 1.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Fundamentals 2.pdf
Bob Cassidy - fundamentalsfour.pdf
Bob Cassidy - hanussen proof (parapsychology).pdf
Bob Cassidy - Immortal and Cassandra Combo.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Lab Conditions.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Mentalism - Tricks - Compleat Principia Menta.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Mentalism - Tricks - Confessions Of Dr Crow.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Mentalism and Magick.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Mind Explosions.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Mind Games.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Mind Razor.pdf
Bob Cassidy - PseudoMentally Yours.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Scorpio's Message.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Side Effects.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Strange 2.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Strange Impressions.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Techniques of Mentalism.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Techniquesof Mentalism Lecture Notes.pdf
Bob Cassidy - The Art of Mentalism 1.pdf
Bob Cassidy - The Black Book of Mentalism.pdf
Bob Cassidy - The Exclusive Routines.pdf
Bob Cassidy - The Invisible Mirror.pdf
Bob Cassidy - The Moldavian Switch.pdf
Bob Cassidy - The RV Tester.pdf
Bob Cassidy - theheresies.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Theories And Methods For The Practical Psychic.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Triple Edge.pdf
Bob Cassidy - Universe An ebook of Practical Mentalism.pdf
Bob Cassidy - The Schattenjaeger.pdf
Book of Numbers.doc
Angelo Stagnaro's Something From Nothing - A Guide To Modern Cold Reading.pdf
Cold Reading - Discussion and Review.pdf
Cold Reading.pdf
Denis Dutton - On Cold Reading.pdf
Herb Dewey - Red Hot Cold Reading.pdf
Ian Rowlands-Full Facts Book of Cold Reading.pdf
Joe Riding - Advanced Cold Reading.pdf
Ray Hyman - Guide to Cold Reading.pdf
Richard Webster - Cold Reading The Future With Numerology.pdf
Richard Webster - Cold Reading Variations.pdf
Robert Nelson - Sequel to The Art of Cold Reading.pdf
Robert Nelson - The Art Of Cold Reading.pdf
Tradecraft - The Art And Science Of Cold Reading.pdf
Derren Brown - 7 Deceptions By Luke Jermay2.pdf
Derren Brown - Book - Pure effect.pdf
Derren Brown - ESP.pdf
Derren Brown - Lift.pdf
Derren Brown - Losing Hand.pdf
Derren Brown - Mentalism.pdf
Derren Brown - Mind Games - Vol 1.pdf
Derren Brown - Reminiscence.pdf
Derren Brown - Style - Easy Mentalism.pdf
Derren Brown - Style - Mind Reading Tricks Volume 1.pdf
Derren Brown - Style - Ultimate Effect.pdf
Derren Brown - Style - Welcome to Derren Brown Mentalism Tricks.pdf
Derren Brown - Subliminal Force.pdf
Derren Brown - Synchronized Drinking.pdf
Derren Brown - Tricks Magic Seduction.pdf
[Magic] Kenton Knepper - Sorcerer Series 2.pdf
Kenton Knepper - 3-way Billet.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Alexander Opera House.pdf
Kenton Knepper - An Enchanted Evening.PDF
Kenton Knepper - Bentcent.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Card Through Banknote.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Completely Cold (1).pdf
Kenton Knepper - Completely Cold.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Date With Destiny 1.pdf
Kenton Knepper - KENT.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Kentonism.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Killer kard 2.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Killer Konceptions(1).pdf
Kenton Knepper - Killer Konceptions.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Kolossal Killer.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Little Book of Wonders.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Little Book of Wonders1.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Lucky Number.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Mind Reading.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Miracles of Suggestion.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Miraculous Ploys.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Okitodoll.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Rants into Raves.PDF
Kenton Knepper - SAR.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Sorcerer Series (1).pdf
Kenton Knepper - Sorcerer Series 1.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Sorcerer Series 2.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Sorcerer Series 3.pdf
Kenton Knepper - The Ring.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Three Bill Monte.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Tippler2 harbin (2004).pdf
Kenton Knepper - Web1 (1).pdf
Kenton Knepper - Weird Enough.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Wonder Wizard Private Files.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Wonder Words 1.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Wonder Words 2.pdf
Kenton Knepper - Wonder Words 3.pdf
Kenton Knepper - X.pdf
Kenton Knepper & Rex Steven Sikes - Wonder Readings.pdf
Kenton Knepper & Rex Steven Sikes-Wonder Readings.pdf
Kenton Knepper Completely Cold1.pdf
Kenton Knepper- Hermit Dream .pdf
Kenton Knepper - 01 - Subtext Continued.mp3
Kenton Knepper - Wonder Words 1.mp3
Kenton Knepper - Wonder Words 3.mp3
Kenton Knepper & Rex Sikes - Wonder Readings 1.mp3
Kenton Knepper & Rex Sikes - Wonder Readings 2.mp3
Kenton Knepper & Rex Sikes - Wonder Readings 3.mp3
Kenton Knepper & Rex Sikes - Wonder Readings 4.mp3
Lee Earle - 1-2-3 Trilogy.pdf
Lee Earle - Early Earle.pdf
Lee Earle - M.I.N.D..pdf
lee earle - manifestations.pdf
Lee Earle - Out of Syzygy.pdf
Lee Earle - Silver Bullet Lite.pdf
Lee Earle - Sun Signs (XBXCSA).pdf
Lee Earle - Sun Signs.pdf
Lee Earle - SuperScript (Password KYJNKA).pdf
Lee Earle - Syzygy - Graphics.pdf
Lee Earle - Syzygy - The First Five Volumes.pdf
Lee Earle - Syzygy - Vol 1.pdf
Lee Earle - The Gentle Art of Cold Reading.pdf
Richard Osterlind - Black Box.pdf
Richard Osterlind - Breakthrough Card System.pdf
Richard Osterlind - Dynamic Mysteries 1.PDF
Richard Osterlind - Dynamic Mysteries 2.pdf
Richard Osterlind - Dynamic Mysteries.pdf
Richard Osterlind - Essays.pdf
Richard Osterlind - Making Magic Real.pdf
Richard Osterlind - Making Real Magic.pdf
Richard Osterlind - The Blindfold Book v1.PDF
Richard Osterlind - The Blindfold Book v3.pdf
Richard Osterlind - The Blindfold Book.pdf
Richard Osterlind - The Breakthrough Card System.pdf
Richard Osterlind - The Perfected Center Tear.pdf
Richard Osterlind - The Principles of Magic.pdf
Richard Osterlind - The Very Modern Mindreader.pdf
Richard Osterlind - Thought Scan1.pdf
Richard Osterlind - Transparent Forces.pdf

Dustin Stinett

Postby Dustin Stinett » December 23rd, 2009, 6:05 pm

That list doesnt surprise me. Heres whats remarkable to me: Someone initially had to buy those books/notes with their money. They then either scanned them and posted them for others to get for free or loaned them to someone who did that.

How stupid is the person who does that? Do they also leave the keys in their car so anyone who happens along can use it (and expect that person to leave it for the next person, etc.)? I just dont get it.

It reminds me of the thing Harry Lorayne used to have in Apocalypse each month: If you photocopy this magazine, you lessen its worth to you!

Dustin

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » December 23rd, 2009, 6:12 pm

Dustin Stinett wrote: How stupid is the person who does that? Do they also leave the keys in their car so anyone who happens along can use it (and expect that person to leave it for the next person, etc.)? I just dont get it

I believe these download sites used to only allow you to download, if you uploaded something.
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Dustin Stinett

Postby Dustin Stinett » December 23rd, 2009, 6:26 pm

So one can upload something that is in the public domain and download something that's not.

David Alexander

Postby David Alexander » December 23rd, 2009, 8:22 pm

Joe Pecore wrote:
Dustin Stinett wrote: How stupid is the person who does that? Do they also leave the keys in their car so anyone who happens along can use it (and expect that person to leave it for the next person, etc.)? I just dont get it

I believe these download sites used to only allow you to download, if you uploaded something.

Some do...some don't.

Andrew Pinard

Postby Andrew Pinard » December 23rd, 2009, 8:42 pm

While this is somewhat off topic, it is of interest (and might stimulate some interesting debate)...

I have purchased copies of Laszlo Polgar's book Chess: 5334 Problems, Combinations, and Games. For those unfamiliar with the work, it is essentially a book of graphical representations of the chess board and pieces with various problems: mate in one, mate in two, mate in three etc...

I like to occasionally tackle the problems and enjoy the speed of viewing them in a PGN viewer for chess (I can actually make the move and the program will state whether the move is correct). Rather than enter all the combinations individually, a group of enthusiasts who each owned the book (53 of them) took it upon themselves to enter 100 problems each and then one of them compiled them into one file.

The question, is it legal (and/or ethical) for me to own a copy of the collective work? I did not contribute to this project, but I purchased a copy (several in fact) of the printed work for my library. The file would be provided to me if I could prove ownership of a printed copy. It is not for sale, simply being shared between enthusiasts who have already "paid the piper".

This is something that many would desire to have and would not have to be developed if the producer had provided it to purchasers of the work.

Thoughts?

ajp

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » December 23rd, 2009, 9:27 pm

Andrew Pinard wrote: The question, is it legal (and/or ethical) for me to own a copy of the collective work?

If the book is still under copyright, wouldn't it technically would be illegal (if not authorized by the copyright holder) as he owns all rights to any and all derivative work.
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

opie

Postby opie » December 23rd, 2009, 9:31 pm

Ah yes....2012....the end of everything.....EXCEPT for the gonad thinking of folks like Gibson, Sisti, Annemann, Stanyon, Elliott, Lorayne, and..what's his name?....uh....Kaufman (is that the way you pronounce that?).....

....There will always be some NUT who will risk reputation, popularity, money, and whatever to put out a little magic magazine....

It would be interesting to hear how many of us, especially we who started magic as kids, thought about or even wrote drafts of a magic magazine? I started writing one at age nine....filled a huge box full of notes and stuff....

With all the "stuff" on magic forums, it would be easy to imagine how many little-magic magazine contributors there are out there....ESPECIALLY after they have found out that blowing hundreds of bucks on self-published/promoted magic tricks would be much easier just to accept PERHAPS a moment of praise to CONTRIBUTE their brainstorm to a LITTLE magazine.

....If there is a VOID somebody will fill it....

I am glad I got that off my chest....I now feel like a "chesser" cat....tsk tsk...(see how easy it is to land on your feet /topic)...

(I left off several magazine guys, such as Rockabaumer, because I could not spell their names...tsk tsk...)

....opie

David Alexander

Postby David Alexander » December 23rd, 2009, 10:17 pm

The problem of converting Genii to an Internet delivered PDF file is that it would be preceived, in my view, as a diminution of the actual magazine if the electronic edition did not take advantage of the ability to embed videos and the host of other things that can be done with an electronic edition.

Again, this is something that would take time and investment to set up. As I said before, the video quality would have to be well above the amateur garbage too often found on YouTube.

To do this would take additional time and, probably, staff. Genii is not a large corporation selling millions of units a month like Time or Newsweek. Genii is limited in the amount of money it can generate from subscribers and advertisers. As it is a niche publication the niche will only support, at maximum, a certain number of subscribers and advertisers.

Then there is the very real problem of piracy which with a digital edition is a couple of mouse clicks. At least with a paper and ink version the thief has to go to some trouble to scan the magazine.

And again, if the market is there for an all digital magic magazine (and Larry the Consultant seems convinced there is) he should find some investors and do it himself. It would be interesting to see the quality of product he produces and how long he lasts.

Finally, this subject seems to come up every few months. Richard is not stupid. He understands the business he's in. When and if Genii puts out a digital edition the decision won't come from people posting on the Forum.

In other words, we should give this subject a permanent rest.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » December 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

yes, what sort of idea is a PDF delivered? Maybe an email link to the month's article directory. Password account is your subscription ID - server keeps some track of IP as this BBS does.

Dustin Stinett

Postby Dustin Stinett » December 23rd, 2009, 10:58 pm

The SAM has has an electronic edition only option available for M-U-M. I wonder how that is going for them. Perhaps Mr. Close will give us some idea.

Or not.

Dustin

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » December 24th, 2009, 5:45 am

David Alexander wrote:In other words, we should give this subject a permanent rest.

If you don't like reading the 8 pages my post stimulated, then don't.

The very fact that so many people are reading this thread and joining in the interesting discussion mean clearly we shouldn't give this subject a permanent rest.

Added to which, the tech changes. This is WHY I started this thread. The Sports Illustrated demo and the fact that the (rumoured) apple tablet device will be out next year and be game changing with publishers.

Remember, kids, if you don't like a thread, don't read it! Choice is a wonderful thing.

Bob Cunningham

Postby Bob Cunningham » December 24th, 2009, 9:14 am

Dustin Stinett wrote:The SAM has has an electronic edition only option available for M-U-M. I wonder how that is going for them.

I subscribe to electronic version of M-U-M and I am not impressed. In my opinion, there are two problems with how they have deployed the digital version of M-U-M.

1) Each individual page is unwieldy and difficult to manage on my 14 inch laptop screen.

2) I don't "own" the magazine. The digital copy stays firmly in the possession of the SAM (unless you take extreme electronic measures). Your experience is more like you are viewing a magazine in a library. If you stop being a member of SAM you no longer have access to the magazine.

I am hoping that in time this model will mature and that the SAM will learn the lessons of seasoned digital publishers like Safari. Subscribers must own the magazines they purchase and the magazines must be in a standard, easy to use format.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » December 24th, 2009, 9:27 am

The casual reader is a different market than the collector/archivist. Maybe it's time to let them go their seperate ways.

What's to lose? Perhaps a printed history of the advertisements.

What's to gain? Perhaps some respectability?

Bob Cunningham

Postby Bob Cunningham » December 24th, 2009, 9:36 am

mrgoat wrote:
Added to which, the tech changes.

You are spot on here. We seem to be closing in on the tipping point for digital publishing. Just like at the beginning of the personal computer revolution we could not have envision netbooks or iPhones, nevertheless we knew that things were changing in a fundamental way .

We may not know which devices or formats will be used, but we know that world of "books and magazines" is changing in a fundamental and irrevocable way.

We are moving inexorably toward digital distribution. But what devices or technologies will be used for viewing information in this brave new world? No one can know.

The big boys, like Amazon are hedging their bets. Much attention has been given to Amazon's Kindle. However, Amazon has created readers for the PC, iPhone and MAC to enables owners of Amazon e-books to use a variety of reader technologies to view their content.

I suspect that over the next few years we will see much experimentation with digital books and digital magazines by various content providers in magic. The benefit of discussing what we like or do not like in these formats seems self evident.

David Alexander

Postby David Alexander » December 24th, 2009, 12:34 pm

When Goatie mentions that "technology changes" and the push that some are making for "all digital" and the apparent fact that even as a member of the SAM one only "rents" their copies of MUM, access to which goes away when membership terminates, I thought of Winston Smith and what he did for a living in an imaginary world that was not digital.

I'm bothered by the potential of misuse as much as I am by the fact that in many states of the US we have electronic voting - the "will of the people" converted to easily manipulated electrons.

Return to “General”