november issue

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Re: November Issue of Genii - Roberto Giobbi

Postby Matthew Field » November 3rd, 2009, 5:21 am

Even with the damn UK mail strikes. Genii arrived yesterday, Nov 2.

Matt Field

AlexBouffard

Postby AlexBouffard » November 3rd, 2009, 8:06 pm

It arrived today for me (November 3rd)... I live in Canada.

hgebeaux

Postby hgebeaux » November 8th, 2009, 6:44 pm

Let's see - many in USA in mid-Oct. Others in England and Canada by Nov. 3. Yet I live in a state neighboring the Genii office - I live in Virginia - and I have yet to get my Nov. issue. I realize that if I waited an entire year, I'd probably have all the issues. But it's quite frustrating to see the issue has been released and read about everyone else who has received it, yet mine doesn't show up. Seems to happen every month. Must I blame it on the Virginia post office? I have gotten Magic and the IBM and SAM mags right on time, and they use the same post office system. Just don't understand, but this experience doesn't seem like a positive one to me. Might just save my money next year.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 8th, 2009, 10:13 pm

Has nothing to do with us hgebeaux, so why take your displeasure out on us by not renewing? We mail everyone's issue on the exact same day. It has to do entirely with your regional and local post offices. Have you gone there and complained about the poor service?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

hgebeaux

Postby hgebeaux » November 8th, 2009, 10:52 pm

I can understand your viewpoint. But, I'm the one who paid you for a subscription, so perhaps it should be Genii who complains to those post offices that don't seem to deliver the mags. If your printer were slow, you'd be the one to look into it, right? Not us. Seems a cop-out to just shrug your shoulders over the issue. And, because I paid you, not the post office, then it does seem that any displeasure, like questions and the like, should be directed to Genii. Sounds legitimate to me. Same as if I purchased an item from a store and they failed to deliver it. I'd complain, legitimately, to the store, and they, as least in my experience, would accept the complaint and look into it. For, after all, I would be their customer.
As for it being entirely my post office, I wonder why my post office is able to deliver other magazines regularly and on time? Do you think they have something against Genii?
Why not offer (maybe you do, but I missed it) a special way of receiving the mag for those interested - like we pay a bit more and you mail it to us first class?
I don't mean to be a pain about this. I'm just frustrated by the situation.

Return to “General”