Walt Disney 100

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Brad A._dup1

Walt Disney 100

Postby Brad A._dup1 » December 5th, 2001, 6:41 am

In case you don't know... today (December 5) marks the one hundreth birthday of Walt Disney.

Founder of the Walt Disney Company, a pioneer in animation, themed entertainment, and television.... He died of an acute curculatory calapse on December 15, 1966.

Think about all the "magic" that his company has given to the world. Not just bringing things to life (through animation), but think about all those neat illusions inside rides at the theme parks.

A toast for Mr. Disney.
-Brad
Former Vonnegut Character

Geno Munari

Re: Walt Disney 100

Postby Geno Munari » December 5th, 2001, 7:17 am

That is very admiral of you thinking about Walt Disney. He has brought many smiles to my face. I grew up in Burbank and remember many days of going down to his studios and climbing the trees next to the fence and watching them film Zorro.
(what was the magician's name in that serial?)

Plus when we were kids we would see them film many movies on the streets in Burbank....
Geno Munari

Postby Guest » December 5th, 2001, 9:17 am

I know there are alot of people that hate Disney and the theme parks but my wife and I have always been big fans of them. I love going to Epcot center and we try to make it down to Florida once a year.

Anyway, I am a huge Disney fan.

PS - It's still funny to hear that some people believe he is frozen in cryogenics.

Brad A._dup1

Postby Brad A._dup1 » December 5th, 2001, 1:11 pm

Many magicians are Disney fans... Bruce Cervon's wife collects Disney...as does Richard Kaufman.

...as stated above, some folks really don't like "Disney." Being more of the current company situation, and the name... it's an interesting situation.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 6th, 2001, 8:33 pm

My wife and I are members of the Disney Vacation Club (DVC) and go to the various parks around the world quite often. We love it. Walt Disney was a shrewd businessman and unique visionary. My sympathies go to those poor cynical schnooks who can't have some fun without finding a pile of dog poop hidden around every corner.
AND--HIS HEAD IS ABSOLUTELY, DEFINITELY, CRYOGENICALLY FROZEN!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Brad A._dup1

Postby Brad A._dup1 » December 6th, 2001, 9:19 pm

Richard,
Was that a crack at Al Lutz?

I can only imagine walking down Main Street, looking around the corning, and finding a jar with Walt's head in it...next to a pile of poop.

-brad

Return to “General”