Scams and Fantasies Darwin Ortiz

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Max Rodriguez

Scams and Fantasies Darwin Ortiz

Postby Max Rodriguez » February 10th, 2005, 9:57 am

Im so excited in a few days I will be getting Darwin Ortiz Scams and Fantasies.How do you guys like the book?Whats are some of your favortie tricks and besides that are there good principle taught in the book?I heard that he teaches a way to get in a memorized stack order si stepen (I know I not spelling it right).

Re: Scams and Fantasies Darwin Ortiz

Postby Guest » February 10th, 2005, 11:02 am

He does and it's good, from what I hear, but just so you don't get your hopes up understand that he shows how to do this from new deck order. This is my understanding of it, anyway, since I haven't read the book. Oscar Weigle came up with a way of doing this with the deck in any order, supposedly in front of spectators, but since you have to deal the deck entirely out several times in order to do it I imagine one's skill at mindless yet riveting chatter would have to be exceedingly strong. "Talk amongst yourselves" was barely funny on SNL and its current assimilation into the lingo of a generation of card workers is even more sad. I say stick with switching in a cold deck and make everyone happy.

Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » February 10th, 2005, 11:13 am

I should note that the Si Stebbins Secret is NOT in Scams and Fantasies. Also, Si Stebbins is not, technically, a memorized deck -- though it could be. There is other good work with memorized decks in Scams and Fantasies, he just doesn't go into any of the Si Stebbins stuff. His presumtion in the book is that you already have a stack memorized or that you are going to learn one. He just gives a few items that use a memorized deck as part of it's method.

A good effect to check out is "Zen Master", which is his take on "Lazy Man's Card Trick".

-Jim

Max Rodriguez

Postby Max Rodriguez » February 10th, 2005, 12:11 pm

It must of been Darwin Oriz At the card table which people were talking about si stebbin

Don

Postby Don » February 10th, 2005, 12:59 pm

yes, its in Darwin Ortiz at the Card Table.

Max Rodriguez

Postby Max Rodriguez » February 10th, 2005, 1:16 pm

I cant wait to get the book.If I dont like any of the tricks I will definitly learn great card slieghts

Postby Guest » February 10th, 2005, 3:21 pm

Can anyone tell me if any of the mem deck effects found in Scams and Fantasies leave the deck in stack order?

Thanks,

Aaron

Return to “General”