Copperfields Set List

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Paul Q

Copperfields Set List

Postby Paul Q » February 11th, 2009, 2:56 pm

I am hoping to see David C. in Waco on Feb. 24. I last saw the show in Austin two years ago. Does anybody have info on what effects he will do? Will the show be significanly different this time around? Any info would be great.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Copperfields Set List

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 11th, 2009, 3:29 pm

He's changed much of the show in the past two years, rotating older and popular items back into the show.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

David Alexander

Postby David Alexander » February 12th, 2009, 8:43 am

A tour of David's warehouse was given to the attendees of the Collector's Weekend in Las Vegas a few years ago. One of the facts tossed at us was that David had something like 24 - 26 HOURS of performance material in the warehouse. He has plenty of material to choose from.

George Kidd

Postby George Kidd » February 13th, 2009, 9:02 pm

Many of Copperfierlds televised shows has been aired here in swedish television, amongst the shows there has been a special where Copperfield had a tour around the warehouse and showed a lot of the good old magic collectors items. That was a treat for me. I just like Copperfield, and I'm a big fan of him.
GEORGE KIDD's MAGIC AT IT'S BEST!
As if I beleived it myself!

magicman1953

Postby magicman1953 » February 22nd, 2009, 5:26 pm

Saw Copperfield last night in Phoenix he was in good form, wish I still looked that good for being in our fifties.....Nice to see some of the old material The Fan was nice although I like it better with a girl as a partner versus a solo piece my opinion. He also did the Floating Rose and Ring on the Baby Shoe the Disappearing Thirteen at the end is excellent although I think everytime I've seen it the number changes last night fifteen went on stage and ten were finally involved with the rest as spectators he is definately in control of what occurs on stage. No trip to the island but it was a fun time .....I do think he needs to bring back some of the really cool material like Barclay House was really great for example or the snow storm ........Scott B

Joe M. Turner
Favorite Magician: Fred Kaps

Postby Joe M. Turner » February 22nd, 2009, 6:01 pm

My favorite DC illusion is The Voyeur. Is he still doing that one?

magicman1953

Postby magicman1953 » February 22nd, 2009, 6:12 pm

Unfortunately no, like I said he is solo on stage right now so a little limiting. He was traveling with a large crew it did seem they were everywhere. The Lottery piece is the highlight of the show as it is running right now, the car appearance is nice in my opinion.....S B

kyle82

Postby kyle82 » April 9th, 2009, 10:18 am

copperfield's tricks had been the same for most of his shows. ive been a fan though but there would be one or two that might be different for the next shows. it's worth coming though. find out for your surprise.

Tony Rush

Postby Tony Rush » April 9th, 2009, 12:05 pm

Has Copperfield ever had this long of a "lull" between developing new shows/material? If I'm not mistaken, his last TV special was "Tornado of Fire" which was in 2001.

My first thought was that being "low-profile" might have something to do with the lawsuits....but those didn't really start until 2007. So, maybe he was planning on doing something and it got put on the back-burner?

Anyone heard any rumblings about him doing a new show anytime soon?

Return to “General”