My experience with Snap Illusions

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
SEBASTIEN

Re: My experience with Snap Illusions

Postby SEBASTIEN » July 11th, 2009, 7:04 am

Axko I sent you a private message.

Thanks
Last edited by SEBASTIEN on August 21st, 2009, 6:15 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: subject only

SEBASTIEN

SNAP ILLUSIONS MUST DIE

Postby SEBASTIEN » July 30th, 2009, 7:41 am

Hye everybody

I place this message about snap illusions.
Are they silly? Are they mad? I bought them illusion on January. They answered me at each questions during the process of buying. I paid them because I beleived in them.

And today I have received nothing, they do not answer my email and they STOPPED their fax number. they are liars. Sure their uncle has passed away but me too and I always keep the contact with my customers!!!

I began law pursuits with my mastercard insurance and it will cost SNAP ILLUSION a lot of money because I have the better insurance Mastercard sells to its customers.

I sent S.I emails with propositions to just take one of the illusions and they refund back me the rest. They never answer.

I created a false hotmail email and I contacted them for buying illusions. they answered me in the same day and they boosted me yesterday. They are liars,they manipulate their costumers money. This factory must die.

I propose to all the magicians deceived by snap to create a "team" for a general law pursuit. It is possible. I am from France and the international rules of business are hard when your insurance drag the thieves in justice.

This message musn't be without answers.

Yes we Can.

Sorry for my bad american writing

Sebastien from France

Francesca Moffet

Postby Francesca Moffet » July 30th, 2009, 8:07 am

If their customer service is as bad as I've heard you should report them to a fraud agency.

I had similar dealings with a seller I was buying from on eBay, they took money from customers but never sent the goods and were abusive in emails to people asking where their purchases were. This little group appointed me leader as I left the most scathing feedback and did so in block capitals to make sure it was noticed by potential buyers.

I reported them to a Canadian fraud agency, there was an investigation and I was notified that they had been closed down and removed from eBay.
Last edited by Francesca Moffet on August 21st, 2009, 6:15 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, and they both take practice.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » July 30th, 2009, 9:01 am

There is a long thread here about them already. You are not on your own.
Last edited by mrgoat on August 21st, 2009, 6:14 pm, edited 0 times in total.

Mike Carr

Postby Mike Carr » July 30th, 2009, 1:45 pm

Snap Illusions was drummed out of the eBay corp last week.
Because of having two of their four 12 month DSR averages in the three star range and one that was a micron away from two stars.

Three negative feedbacks in a row - Two for non delivery of some cheap-o change bags and one for a SNAD metamorphosis trunk.

Sic transit gloria mundi :/
Last edited by Mike Carr on August 21st, 2009, 6:14 pm, edited 0 times in total.
"Then he seized the pack."
"Do you like card tricks?"
Max Kelada

Terry

Postby Terry » July 30th, 2009, 7:32 pm

Sebastien,

Google Better Business Bureau and file an online complaint. You can also google their state attorney generals office and file a complaint through their Consumer Protection Agency.
Last edited by Terry on August 21st, 2009, 6:13 pm, edited 0 times in total.

Mike Carr

Postby Mike Carr » July 30th, 2009, 7:47 pm

SNAP ILLUSIONS MUST DIE

They likely committed suicide.
Last edited by Mike Carr on August 21st, 2009, 6:13 pm, edited 0 times in total.

Max Kelada

Mike Carr

Postby Mike Carr » July 30th, 2009, 7:55 pm

[color:#3366FF]
http://www.magiccastleauctions.com/index.php
[/color]

They will starve to death there.

Max Kelada

Rickg77

Postby Rickg77 » August 4th, 2009, 7:55 pm

Well Jack did it to me again, an e-mail of his uncle who died and assured me my illusions would be finished!! I e-mailed him back and asked when?? A month has passed and still no answer!! I guess you have to sue these people to get your order!! I will also be contacting the state attorney general!! Look at Jack's site, time to build new illusions and offer a new sale!! Hey Jack the crook, before taking anymore orders,

Rickg77

Postby Rickg77 » August 4th, 2009, 7:58 pm

Jack --- FINISH THE DAM ORDERS YOU ALREADY HAVE!!!!!!! I advise everyone to stay away from these people, you will never get what you order and they will "Jack" you around for ever!!!!!!DONT ORDER ANYTHING FROM SNAP ILLUSIONS!!!! Dont say we didnt warn you!!!!!!! Rick

Seuss

Postby Seuss » August 9th, 2009, 2:08 am

You didn't advise him soon enough, this is his new special on his main page...

FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING!! THIS SPECIAL PROMOTION IS FOR A LIMITED TIME! THIS PROMOTION IS IN EFFECT STARTING AUGUST 3, 2009, AND IS VALID FOR NEW ORDERS PLACED DURING THIS SPECIAL PROMOTION TIME.

given that illusions are made of wood which tends to be heavy wouldn't it be costly to freight it worldwide? I'd wager it'd be cheaper to fly to australia to build someone 10 illusions than to ship those same illusions to them. wouldn't it also seem odd to encourage additional orders when your already literally months behind on existing orders?

One sure truth of business (and performing ironically enough) is than you can under-promise and over-deliver but should always avoid the reverse. You seem to like making that harder to do.
Genii Lifetime Subscriber
Co-host Magic On the Side

SEBASTIEN

Postby SEBASTIEN » August 18th, 2009, 12:22 pm

for the magicians who are waiting for their illusions, do you have news from Snap illusions?

My mastercard insurance placed a complaint and the district attorney has been contacted. And you?

Thanks for your answer guys.

Best regards

SEB from France

Edward

Postby Edward » August 18th, 2009, 8:26 pm

Good for you! Businesses such as these do not deserve to be in business!
Last edited by Edward on August 21st, 2009, 6:11 pm, edited 0 times in total.

SEBASTIEN

Postby SEBASTIEN » August 20th, 2009, 3:01 pm

Here is a message I received from Better business Bureau from IndianaPolis :

"Good afternoon. We have not received a response to your complaint so we are sending a certified letter to the company today as a followup.

Diane Dove

Director of Dispute Resolution"

IT IS VERY INCREDIBLE. JACK MOYER TELLS HE IS AN HONEST PERSON BUT HE HAD NOT ANSWER BBB AFTER THEIR FIRST LETTER... TAWNI HIS DAUGHTER WRITES LIES ALL DAY ON MAIL... THIS FAMILY IS REALLY MAGIC... :-)
THEY HAVE TO BE CAREFUL BECAUSE THEIR LAST TRICK WOULD BE TO MAKE A PRISON APPEAR... FOR THEM.
Last edited by SEBASTIEN on August 21st, 2009, 6:10 pm, edited 0 times in total.

mamdoumagic

Postby mamdoumagic » August 20th, 2009, 3:08 pm

Hi,

I too have placed an order four months ago and still have nothing! Indeed they do not answer nor reply to phone call or e-mails. I dont want my money back just my order.

we need to call them until we get an answer
Last edited by mamdoumagic on August 21st, 2009, 6:10 pm, edited 0 times in total.

mamdoumagic

Postby mamdoumagic » August 20th, 2009, 3:14 pm

No , no news!

Last thing I heard from a guy called "kay" about a dead family relative!

still waiting!!

SEBASTIEN

Postby SEBASTIEN » August 20th, 2009, 3:16 pm

Hi

You have to be patient... I wait since 8 months and they never answer my mails. It is the same for other magicians. I really advise you to contact "BBB" or "district attorney" or "your credit card insurance" before it is too late... That is what I do and it offers me law security today. You know SNAP ILLUSION make you wait until it is too late to contact paypal for a complaint.

"we need to call them until we get an answer "
You can call them all day if you want. They are not afraid of that. The only thing that can afraid them is law. So use it.

It would be interesting to calculate the number of magicians who are waiting for their illusions since a lot of months. We would be very surprised.

Sincerely

SEB
Last edited by SEBASTIEN on August 21st, 2009, 6:09 pm, edited 0 times in total.

Seuss

Postby Seuss » August 20th, 2009, 4:24 pm

Isn't anyone who was ripped off by them close enough to travel there for a surprise visit?

If I was out even half of some of the amounts I've heard I'd be there demanding attention.
Last edited by Seuss on August 21st, 2009, 6:09 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Genii Lifetime Subscriber

Co-host Magic On the Side

SEBASTIEN

Postby SEBASTIEN » August 20th, 2009, 5:20 pm

I live in France... but I have to go in the USA at the end of September, so I will place a "hard" visit if I have not receive my illusions at that date...

Seb
Last edited by SEBASTIEN on August 21st, 2009, 6:08 pm, edited 0 times in total.

SEBASTIEN

Postby SEBASTIEN » August 21st, 2009, 1:16 pm

They are really incredible at SNAP ILLUSIONS. They never answer my mails. I created a fake mail with Gmail and I asked them for buying an illusion. Incredible I received an answer in the hour. Here is the answer :

"Thank you for the comments! Right now we are offering a free worldwide shipping special. I added you to our Snap List , which saves you 10% off the price of the illusion. You have a special Snap member coupon code, which is SNAPMEMBER. After you go through the shopping cart to order, and put in your name, address, it will ask for a coupon code, enter in that code, and click "apply coupon" and it will take off the 10%.

Yes, we custom make the illusion for you, once order is placed there are several measurements we will need.

It is usually around 6 weeks, but if you have a deadline date, let me know.

Kay
Snap Illusions, LLC
Customer Service Representive"

And what is really incredible, they propose 6 weeks for the making, two weeks less than they said to me... eight months ago. My lawyer will be very happy to add this mail in his complaint. Friends of magic, it is time for us to fight them.

Best regards
SEB
Last edited by SEBASTIEN on August 21st, 2009, 6:08 pm, edited 0 times in total.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » August 21st, 2009, 6:06 pm

Seb (and everyone watching this apparent train wreck),

I merged the two Snap Illusion threads into one. I will also be changing the subject lines in the merged posts to match. (I was never really comfortable with the "Snap Illusions Must Die" thing anyway.)

Thanks!
Dustin
Last edited by Dustin Stinett on August 21st, 2009, 6:07 pm, edited 0 times in total.

Mike Carr

Postby Mike Carr » August 23rd, 2009, 11:09 am

Dustin Stinett wrote:Seb (and everyone watching this apparent train wreck),

I merged the two Snap Illusion threads into one. I will also be changing the subject lines in the merged posts to match. (I was never really comfortable with the "[color:#FF0000]Snap Illusions Must Die[/color]" thing anyway.)

Thanks!
Dustin

Likely a cultural thing, Dustin :D

Max Kelada

SEBASTIEN

Postby SEBASTIEN » August 24th, 2009, 5:09 pm

Ok.
Best regards

SEBASTIEN

Postby SEBASTIEN » September 3rd, 2009, 4:01 pm

Snap illusions did not answer the second follow up letter from Better business bureau (BBB).

And they say they are serious...

Seb

SEBASTIEN

Postby SEBASTIEN » September 3rd, 2009, 4:35 pm

Tawni just contacted me and promised me the illusions in the three weeks to come.

I will relate you the situation in October.

Sincerely yours

SEBASTIEN

SEBASTIEN

Postby SEBASTIEN » November 8th, 2009, 4:55 am

Hello.

We are now the 8th of November ans still no news from them. I gave them a last chance. Tuesday I will relate you if they reacted.

Five magicians contacted me to make a general law pursuit.

Ok for making a team.

Looks like the end of Snap illusions...

Best regards

SEBASTIEN

Silly Walter

Postby Silly Walter » January 6th, 2010, 11:38 pm

SEBASTIEN wrote:Hello.

We are now the 8th of November ans still no news from them. I gave them a last chance. Tuesday I will relate you if they reacted.

Five magicians contacted me to make a general law pursuit.

Ok for making a team.

Looks like the end of Snap illusions...

Best regards

SEBASTIEN

So did [censored] Illusions ever send you your stuff?

Did they refund your money?

Are they still on the lam from the Better Business Bureau?

Most importantly - is it too late to get on their Snaplist and to receive a Snap member coupon for a 10% reduction on one of their expertly crafted snap illusions? The reason I axe is because I need to place an order soon since I plan on doing an illusion show in the year 2018.

Just my opinion.
Silly Walter The Polar Bear

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » January 7th, 2010, 5:02 am

Yep. Bankruptcy in February. I have already predicted this and I am never wrong.
000 and the goat personage please note.

Richard Erb

Postby Richard Erb » May 16th, 2011, 8:35 am

Time for an update:

Richard Erb, 33100 Paderborn, Germany
Order: one Origami Illusions (used)
Paid to Snap illusions: 1.870 US$ in November 2010
Answer from Jack Moyer on 13.December 2011 after several requests for shipping date "Our painters and staff got a little behind due to having some employees out sick. It is being finished now and it won't be much longer."
Statement from Richard:
Until today (15. May 2011) no shipping date, not delivery, no return of payment

SEBASTIEN

Postby SEBASTIEN » July 9th, 2011, 6:55 am

some news ?

Comedy Writer

Postby Comedy Writer » October 1st, 2011, 2:00 pm

Sad to report another friend ordering, paying, then nothing...It continues. Me? I wouldn't buy anything from Snap Illusions. A google search for "snap illusions" and "scam" or "fraud" turns up many, many interesting results.

Amos McCormick

Postby Amos McCormick » October 3rd, 2011, 3:53 pm

Richard Erb wrote:Time for an update:

Richard Erb, 33100 Paderborn, Germany
Order: one Origami Illusions (used)
Paid to Snap illusions: 1.870 US$ in November 2010
Answer from Jack Moyer on 13.December 2011 after several requests for shipping date "Our painters and staff got a little behind due to having some employees out sick. It is being finished now and it won't be much longer."
Statement from Richard:
Until today (15. May 2011) no shipping date, not delivery, no return of payment

As much as I regret you not receiving what you ordered, I can't feel too bad when you ordered something like a knock-off Origami. Sorry...

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 3rd, 2011, 4:55 pm

It wasn't a knock-off. It was an original that was being refurbished.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Amos McCormick

Postby Amos McCormick » October 5th, 2011, 10:57 am

In that case, please forgive my post. When the original poster said that he was ordering "one Origami Illusions (used)", I wrongly assumed that, since it was from Snap, it WAS Snap.

Since it was original, I would hire a hit man...

Richard Erb

Postby Richard Erb » October 16th, 2011, 11:37 am

Today I was informed by someone that the police showed up at Jacks address in Christina Dr., Whiteland, IN but that this address was his dad's home who told them that he had not seen his son for 2 years.
According to my informant, the police did not belive him so they are watching his house to see if he makes contact with Jack!

I suggest to everybody not to back down when Jack threatens again with a complicated lawsuit.
At least that could be a way to find out his current address and then there are some people who are ready to go to the Indianapolis area and pay Jack a friendly visit to ask him personally for a new delivery schedule.

Nickle

Postby Nickle » October 16th, 2011, 6:03 pm

Tom Gilbert

Postby Tom Gilbert » October 16th, 2011, 11:57 pm

I'm not sure having info that the police are looking for him on a heavily read forum, will help them find him.

Richard Erb

Postby Richard Erb » October 17th, 2011, 4:50 am

Dear Tom,
chasing a cheat who has no money to compensate me or the other victims makes much more fun than catching him.
I want him to know that he has to keep running and if I can get more dogs to chase this "fox on the run" I will send them out.

Best regards
Richard.

By the way:
The police also showed up in Franklin, Indiana at Tawni's address.
The name is still at the door, but no one opened.
Must be a bad feeling if each time you hear your doorbell, you have to expect the police outside.

Jonathan Brown

Postby Jonathan Brown » October 22nd, 2011, 12:44 am

From his blog:

http://snapillusions.blogspot.com/2011_ ... chive.html

That was for Oct. 17, 2011. He's apparently busy at an animal fundraiser. What a guy! Complete [censored]. I hope he get's whats coming to him.

Nathan Ernest

Postby Nathan Ernest » May 9th, 2012, 12:26 am

I'd love to bring this thread back to life. Whats the current situation on Snap Illusions? They still seem to be in business. Is there an update on what happened with the law suites etc etc. Thanks.

Return to “General”