Wily Jon?

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Wily Jon?

Postby Matthew Field » October 13th, 2002, 8:07 am

Jon Racherbaumer may project an image of angelic guilessness, living as he does in that city of the ashram, New Orleans. But is all as it appears, or is Jon wily?

On his website, http://www.jonracherbaumer.com Jon has been posting e-books for his Premium (subscription) members.

The latest offering is "Classical Foursome 3.0", a second updating of the Marlo tome which is long out of print. The original was notable for, among other things, the explanation of the D'Amico Spread, one of the most useful moves in card magic.

Jon has substantially updated the book, with photographic illstrations and lots of new material.

Among that material are two items -- the "Breakless Curry" and "Open Reverse," a Half Pass handling.

Now, Jon may have been working on this material for some time and the timing of its release may be happenstance.

But is it coincidence that the "Breakless Curry" was at the center of the discussions surrounding the Underground Change -- see the thread here on the Genii Forum -- and was relatively difficult to obtain? Is it a matter of chance that the description of an interesting Half Pass (Open Reverse) coincides with the release of Aaron Fisher's new book wherein he describes his Gravity Half Pass?

Is Jon prescient? Conniving? A babe in the (Louisiana) woods or a control freak (the title of Aaron Fisher's video, by the way)?

I'll have to watch Jon Edward to truly know.

Matthew Field

EdAndres

Re: Wily Jon?

Postby EdAndres » October 13th, 2002, 12:39 pm

I think he is the curator of a lost almost mythical cardician art gallery. "the Marlovian Institute of Pasteboard Studies". Well worth the price of admission.

:cool: ;) :cool:

Jon Racherbaumer

Re: Wily Jon?

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » October 13th, 2002, 5:42 pm

Thanks, guys...

Some of this stuff comes to me in unbidden dreams.
The rest is Serendipidity Do Dah.

I have an Annotated reprint of Further Flight coming. Then some stuff on Riffle Shuffles...
Plus, I've just decided to do an essay on the strange history of the Half Pass.

Stay tuned...

Onward...

Return to “General”