The Magic Classifieds website

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Jeff Pierce Magic

The Magic Classifieds website

Postby Jeff Pierce Magic » September 4th, 2008, 4:20 pm

The Magic Classifieds is a new site to buy, sell or trade your new and used magic. It's absolutley free to post a want ad for 10 days. After ten days, or to feature your ad on the home page there is a minimum charge.

All deals are struck between the seller and the buyer, The Magic Classifieds is simply a place to list your items and has nothing to do with the purchases.

Give it a look nad a try, you might like it.

Thanks
Jeff Pierce

Irving Quant

Re: The Magic Classifieds website

Postby Irving Quant » September 4th, 2008, 8:57 pm

$150 for a copy of Dear Mr. Fantasy??

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 4th, 2008, 9:51 pm

It's a classified ad: the seller can ask whatever he or she wants. When no one buys it, the seller will lower the price. IF someone buys it, everybody else will list their copies at nutsy prices, too.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Irving Quant

Postby Irving Quant » September 4th, 2008, 10:48 pm

Well,I should have mentioned earlier that I am glad there are better and more controlled places to sell things on now. I'll be more encouraged to sell stuff now perhaps. Especially if it is run by Jeff :) Congrats on the new project!

Richard, if somebody buys a book at a much higher price than that stipulated in the market, and as a consequence causes the price of that book to rise through out, then wouldn't show that the prices in magic are very volatile and uncontrollable? Scarcity is perhaps one of the most influential drives for prices going up in magic(hence the entire concept of economics), but I hardly doubt that without a book being "out of print" or limited will it's price go up exponentially.

If I am wrong, then expect me to be selling a lot of stuff at high prices in hopes to destabilize the market and profit out of it :) But I digress.

Jeff Pierce Magic

Postby Jeff Pierce Magic » September 5th, 2008, 10:19 am

Hi Irving, not that it makes much difference but DMF is listed here and on The Magic Classifieds at $125.00 not $150.00. This book is OOP and will only be reprinted in a softback edition. it is a very popular title that can only be found on the secondary market with a going rate of between $80 and $125.00. I've personally seen it sell for as high as $150.00. It's all about how bad you want it and what one is willing to pay for it. I paid quit a bit for a Presentation Set of The Pallbearers Review because I really wanted it. I have a normal set for reference but I really wanted the Presentation set.

The Magic Classifieds gives magicians a chance to barter for a product, not fight the snipers on the auction sites and pay the additional fees that are associated with them.

I don't know why anyone would use the auction sites when you can post for free on The Magic Classifieds. With that said, more people do use the auction sites so, what do I know.

Jeff Pierce
The Magic Classifieds

David Nethery

Postby David Nethery » September 6th, 2008, 11:11 am

Hey, Jeff,

Great idea .

I listed two items on your Magic Classifieds site yesterday and one has already
sold !

I'm happy so far.

However, the other item mysteriously vanished and I noticed that most of the other items that were there yesterday are gone , too. I think you have a glitch in your system, because when I tried to re-list my other item that is still for sale (an absolutely gorgeous Harlin Duck Bucket ) I keep getting an Error Message when I try to post it .

But other than this little start up glitch , Jeff's system seems to be pretty straightforward. So far I'd recommend it . I'll list more stuff there once he gets the system working again .

(this is all happening Saturday morning Sept. 6, so by the time you read this the glitch may have been fixed.)

Jeff Pierce Magic

Postby Jeff Pierce Magic » September 6th, 2008, 11:34 am

Hi David, congrats on selling your item. I did have a glitch when installing updates to the site and lost my database. I am working to correct the error but you can still post your items, you just won't receive a email confirmation that it has been listed. I will verify all posts and activate the listing.

Thanks again for using The Magic Classifieds

Jeff Pierce

jason156
Favorite Magician: Bro. John Hamman, Simon Aronson, David Regal

Postby jason156 » September 6th, 2008, 6:23 pm

Bruce Cervon's Castle Notebooks Volume One

650 bucks.............haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, you have got to be kidding.

Kevin Connolly

Postby Kevin Connolly » September 6th, 2008, 6:27 pm

Jason,

How much are you selling yours for?
Please visit my website.
http://houdinihimself.com/
I buy,sell + trade Houdini, Hardeen items.

jason156
Favorite Magician: Bro. John Hamman, Simon Aronson, David Regal

Postby jason156 » September 6th, 2008, 6:40 pm

Kevin, I was just enjoying a hearty laugh... I will say I'll let my copy of Eugene Berger's Experience Of Magic go for less than 75 bucks......

magicone

Postby magicone » September 6th, 2008, 10:01 pm

Jeff,

I'd have to disagree with your reference to auction sites. I think they have their place just as do classified.

I personally just launched a free auction site for the magic community at http://www.FreeMagicAuction.com

Like you I believe we should not have to pay fees to sell our magic items. (new or used)

Our auction site is free to use with no fees for buyers or sellers. We plan to fund the ads we are running with sponsors (usually for profit businesses) placing an ad on the site. Similar to the one at the top of the Genii Forum.

I wish you lots of luck with your site. It's time we kept our money in our pockets. I know I'm looking forward to the savings and heck I'll just relist it for FREE if it doesn't sell the first time. :)

If you would like to trade links please let me know it would be my pleasure.

Sincerely,
David - Auctioneer
http://www.FreeMagicAuction.com

Return to “General”