Jet Coins

Discuss general aspects of Genii.

Jet Coins

Postby Guest » January 19th, 2002, 7:06 am

I was working on Jet Coins, and was having some difficulty turing my hand over with a coin in high finger palm (for the 2nd coin across). I've got ok-sized hands, and it seems that if I want to keep a coin upside-down in high finger palm, the hand looks cramped. Can anyone tell me where the pressue points are for the middle and ring fingers in relationship to the coin?

Thanks in advance,

-- Frank L.

Re: Jet Coins

Postby Guest » January 19th, 2002, 8:58 am

Hi Frank,

A coin held in high fingerpalm is held against the second phalange of the finger by pressure of the first and third phalanges (the first phalange being the bone at the end of the finger, the second being the middle part of the finger, and the third being the last bone of the finger that attaches to the hand).

There is contraction of the fingers to do this.

I have given this routine some practice and have come to the conclusion it is beyond my ability at my current skill level. The first fly I can mechanically do, though I doubt anywhere as smooth as Akira.

The second fly forget it. My problem is not the high finger palm coin and turning my hand over, my problem isn't even muscle p***ing the coin up to the other hand, my problem is catching the coin in high finger palm on top of the coin allready there.

When I muscle p*** a coin, the coin does not fly up flat. It continually flips over counter clockwise as it travels into the air. Usually the coin bangs against the one I am holding in high finger palm, and falls away. This is the part I am stuck at.

Dan

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 19th, 2002, 12:56 pm

"Jet Coins" is an extremely difficult coin routine. Doing the Muscle Pass well enough to shoot the coin that distance is tough, but catching the coin without flinching is even more difficult.
Frank, high finger palm is just like regular finger palm, except the coin is one set of joints closer to the tips of the fingers.
Why our software filter is censoring the a-l-m sequence in p-a-l-m is something we're trying to figure out.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

pduffie

Postby pduffie » January 19th, 2002, 1:07 pm

Richard,

it's the a-s-s in P-a-s-s that's being censored!

Regards

Peter

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 19th, 2002, 2:44 pm

Duh. Filters are fixed now!

[ January 19, 2002: Message edited by: Richard Kaufman ]
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » January 19th, 2002, 8:18 pm

Thanks. I think I've been doing the high finger-palming right after all.

Dan, although I don't quite catch the 2nd coin as intended in the routine, I've been able to do so by a slight downward / forward tilt of my left hand. Instead of turning my hand over so that the fingers are parallel to the floor, I let my left fingers drop so that they're more vertical. The tip of the middle finger makes a slight ledge for the muscle passed coin to fall onto. I know that probably doesn't look as good, but it seems to be functional.

And thanks for introducing everyone to Mr. Akira's work, Richard. I'm finally using my muscle pass for something more than making coins "fall up".

-- Frank

2061x

Postby 2061x » December 5th, 2003, 9:03 am

Can someone let me know which issue Jet Coins is published in?

I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Thanks.

Postby Guest » December 5th, 2003, 11:19 am

October 2001

Return to “General”