An Apparent Thief

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Rick Maue

An Apparent Thief

Postby Rick Maue » October 31st, 2006, 11:36 pm

Greetings,

Back in October 2005, a one-day convention was held in Northeast Pennsylvania and the line-up was myself, Francis Menotti, and Docc Hilford. Because of almost no promotion, the event was poorly attended--but that is no reason for the checks that the producer paid us with to bounce. For the record, the name of the producer is Keith Culver.

And to make matters worse, now more than a year later, we have still not been paid, nor has Mr. Culver even reimbursed us for our expenses (or the returned check fees from the bank).

To top it all off, he has not returned a phone call to me in many months, so legal action is now being taken against him.

I am not one to post this type of thing in a public forum, but if anyone here is a friend of Keith Culver, I would suggest that you tell him to call me sooner than later.

Rick Maue

Re: An Apparent Thief

Postby Guest » November 1st, 2006, 4:14 am

He is a member of: Magicians' Alliance of Eastern States:

http://www.maesonline.org/members.htm

Postby Guest » November 1st, 2006, 8:49 am

Originally posted by Rick Maue:
Greetings,

Back in October 2005, a one-day convention was held in Northeast Pennsylvania and the line-up was myself, Francis Menotti, and Docc Hilford. Because of almost no promotion, the event was poorly attended--but that is no reason for the checks that the producer paid us with to bounce. For the record, the name of the producer is Keith Culver.

And to make matters worse, now more than a year later, we have still not been paid, nor has Mr. Culver even reimbursed us for our expenses (or the returned check fees from the bank).

To top it all off, he has not returned a phone call to me in many months, so legal action is now being taken against him.

I am not one to post this type of thing in a public forum, but if anyone here is a friend of Keith Culver, I would suggest that you tell him to call me sooner than later.

Rick Maue
From Ford
First! I am not an attorney , nor dfo I pretend to be one
However, I believe, here in NJ a check returned for NSF (Not sufficient funds) is a criminal offense in your case "theft of service"
So I suggest contacting the local prosecutor
I have collected on two bad checkss after the writers recieved a letter from the Prosecurors's office

magicusa

Postby magicusa » April 2nd, 2017, 10:13 pm

Has this been resolved?

Return to “General”