Stage Mentalism

Discuss general aspects of Genii.

Stage Mentalism

Postby Guest » February 14th, 2003, 6:33 am

Hi!

I am looking for mentalism effects for stage or parlor. I am aware of Becker's book Stunners Plus and of his and Maven's DVDs.
I am looking for effects that can be done without investing too much mney in them (I do shows without being paid for them).

Which of these, or other sources, would you suggest?

Thanks to all.

Rennie

Re: Stage Mentalism

Postby Rennie » February 14th, 2003, 6:39 am

I would suggest the following,
1 - Mind Myth & Magic by T.A. Waters
2 - Annemann, The life and times of a legend
3 - Practical Mental Effests by Annemann
4 - 13 Steps to Menatlism by Corinda
5 - Anything at all put out by Goldstein / Maven
6 - Lots of good stuff in Tarbell
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve is not !!

Postby Guest » February 14th, 2003, 6:43 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I own Anneman's book and even though I love the clever thinking and learned a lot from his presentations, I must say that I find it difficult to adapt the tricks to the present day. Maybe it's only my lack of experience, I don't know, nut I was looking more for contemporary work, where you must "only" supply your presentation style and adapt the details, not revamp the whole method.

Postby Guest » February 14th, 2003, 8:18 am

Drop me a line privately and let me know several things.
1.) Why do you not get paid for your shows? Are they for charities and if so which ones are they?
2.) What specific types of effects are you looking for? In what style?

I'll see what we can do for you in terms of helpand supplying you with effects, books, ideas.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
http://www.stores.ebay.ca/ABstagecraft
Take advantage of our February Birthday special

Postby Guest » February 14th, 2003, 9:50 am

As a future reference, you may check out all the FREE material available through the Learned Pig site and lend some time studying William W. Atkinsons book "Practical Mind Reading" via which you can see how to practice and develope a solid skill known as Muscle Reading... I do an entire show with little more than this skill and some minor Blindfold bits.

Another direction to look would be the works of Orville Meyer on Telepathy but, you'd best be one heck of a solid showman with more confidence than God himself, to pull it off well (along this route, check out Kenton Knepper's KENTONISM and, as a bit of added advantage "WONDER WORDS").

Should all that fail get hold of Bob Cassidy and pick up his new CD... he's got a complete easy-to-do (and butt kick'n) act in there + tons of valuable insights anyone attempting mentalism should know (but then that's just my humbled opinion... what do I know???)

Best of luck!

Return to “General”