Walt Disney World Magic

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Yves Tourigny

Walt Disney World Magic

Postby Yves Tourigny » September 24th, 2001, 10:01 pm

I did not know where to put this post. I hope here is ok.
I am going to WDW this november and I was wondering if there was some magic going on there ....apart of course of the magic of the Park itself. I think one of the member wrote on this board that he works there. Any info will be welcome. thanks :)

sleightly

Re: Walt Disney World Magic

Postby sleightly » September 24th, 2001, 11:45 pm

Jon Armstrong works at the Rose & Crown at Epcot. A very talented close-up worker, Jon has had his work featured in The Magic Menu...

Fast hands, quick wit. Great guy.

Say hello for me!

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 25th, 2001, 12:32 am

Bon soir, Yves!
You can see Terry Ward at the Diamond Horseshoe Review at The Magic Kingdom. He does several shows a day. Ask one of the people who work in the saloon to tell Terry that you would like to speak with him and that you are a friend of mine. If he is not working one day, he will be there the next.
Magic Masters has also opened a new store in Downtown Disney (Westside). They are supposed to have a version of Pepper's Ghost operating in the one of the windows by now.
AND--make sure you use FASTPASS if you find there are lines at the attractions!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » September 25th, 2001, 7:12 pm

Yves (and Andrew),
Actually I am the Magician at the Rose and Crown Pub in EPCOT. My days and hours will be listed in the park maps.
There are two other Magic shows in town. Wonder Works is in Point Orlando(a shopping/entertainment complex on International Drive) Tony Brent is the Magician. It is a full Dinner show the cost is around $20 and it is all the Pizza you can eat as well as all the beer or wine you want. The other show is the Masters of Magic Show (also on I-Drive)the cost is around $40. Typhoon Lou is the Magician and he has a full cast of dancers/ assistants. It is a full illusion show. So that is the scene around WDW hope to see you in November!
Cheers Jay

Brad A._dup1

Postby Brad A._dup1 » September 25th, 2001, 10:17 pm

This may not directly go with what your looking for.

I must suggest you go the Pleasure Island's Adventurer's Club. It does have a few interesting magic illusions... however it's just one of the greatest places to go!

-Brad
Former Vonnegut Character

Yves Tourigny

Postby Yves Tourigny » September 27th, 2001, 6:57 am

Thank uou all :D

Dan Luxenberg

Postby Dan Luxenberg » September 27th, 2001, 8:46 am

Hey...thanks for the information. My fiancee and I will be down at WDW Oct 19-29th. We're staying at the Dolphin, and plan on hitting EPCOT in the evenings. Jay, we'll DEFINATELY stop by the Rose and Crown to see you perform!

Postby Guest » September 27th, 2001, 1:23 pm

I'll see you there Dan!
Cheers,
Jay

Postby Guest » September 28th, 2001, 10:40 pm

I work every Tuesday thur Saturday at the Diamond Horseshoe in Frontierland at Walt Disney World. I have been performing magic with the company for 13 years and am always happy to see and talk with any visiting magicians. There are five shows a day and I have the middle slot of the three fifteen min. acts that appear there daily. Hope to see or talk to anyone who comes by Heh Jay.

Postby Guest » October 24th, 2001, 11:58 pm

Hi Dan thanks for stopping by the Rose and Crown it was great to meet you I wish I had had more time to spend with you guys. Hope you are feeling better! Say hello to Julie for me.
All the best

Dan Luxenberg

Postby Dan Luxenberg » October 29th, 2001, 11:57 am

Thanks Jay - it was great to meet you as well! (I hope things are going well....)

Folks, if you get to Disney I strongly suggest you visit both the Rose and Crown Pub in Epcot and the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon in the Magic Kingdom. Jay Wethington (Epcot)and Terry Ward (Magic Kingdom) perform there and we had a chance to catch both of their acts.

Both are excellent performers (as well as truly friendly individuals). You would think a place like Disney would have more magicians working there, but alas that does not appear to be the case. I'll let Jay and/or Terry comment on that one if they wish.

Still, it was good to see both close up work (Jay) and stage work (Terry) among the entertainment offerings!

Keep up the good work guys!!

Postby Guest » October 30th, 2001, 6:59 pm

Anyone coming to Orlando is welcome to look me up at montygodfrey@cs.com . We have close-up roundtable first Sunday of every month and would love some fresh faces. Glad you got to see Terry perform at Disney. (He is additionally a very talented close-up performer!)

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » January 4th, 2018, 11:22 pm

I'm at WDW: does anyone know where the magicians are performing in the various Disney parks right now?

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 5th, 2018, 12:35 am

I only know of Terry Ward (as "Jack Diamond") at the Disney Hollywood Studios. He's the best.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Kent Gunn

Postby Kent Gunn » January 5th, 2018, 8:03 am

There is a great magician working at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar, in Disney Springs. (It's a shopping venue, on property but not in any of the parks. FREE to get in!)

Meraux Dantes, (That so cannot be his real name, it's just too damn cool), does awsome magic and is worth the trip to Disney Springs.

KG

P.S. You can ask the staff at Jock's to see him perform. You can get an idea of his magical style fromt his link on Kostya Kimlat's site:

http://www.seemagiclive.com/magicians/meraux-dantes/

Christopher1979
Favorite Magician: Ricky Jay, Dai Vernon, Darwin Ortiz, Ed Marlo

Postby Christopher1979 » January 5th, 2018, 7:44 pm

I am going to Disneyland (Anaheim) for my forth visit very soon. I have popped into the small magic shop a few times... who works there?... anyone of note?... what a wonderful job!!. I think i would be willing to work for free :)
Auctions & Consignment for Historic Memorabilia and Collectibles
https://www.britannicauctions.com/magic-collectibles/

Return to “General”