Xmas Wishlist

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
JR Russell

Xmas Wishlist

Postby JR Russell » November 29th, 2003, 8:20 am

I'm curious to what would be on everyone's Christmas wish list this year. My list (in case anybody is looking to chip in)
Book: Marlo's Revolutionary Card Technique
DVD: David Regal's latest set
Trick: A Joe Mogar rainbow knife to go with the rest of my set.
No Way But I'll Ask: Brett Sherwood Cups. :D

Merry Xmas
JR
Fly Navy :cool:
JR Russell
"Fly Navy"

Tommy Brown

Re: Xmas Wishlist

Postby Tommy Brown » November 29th, 2003, 9:03 am

I would like to ask Santa for the Sherwood Cups, but that guy hasn't brought me anything in about 28 years. :D

I am seriously considering the James Files, which will make my dealer happy for Christmas. You're reading this, aren't you Barry. :D Look for me soon.
Tommy

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » November 29th, 2003, 12:22 pm

A subscription to Genii !

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » November 29th, 2003, 1:11 pm

I'll list the same two items I put on my recommendations list for the Seattle Magic private mailing list:

The Geno Munari release of the Bro. John Hammam videos. Hours and hours of magic, history, interesting plots, moves etc. Everyone who loves card magic should see these, and seeing them, you'll want to have them.

Likewise, the Mike Skinner performance only DVD from Geno is a great buy...

Click here to visit Geno online

And, hopefully I won't sound like a shill here given all the nice things Doug has said about my book but the CDROM e-book edition of Paul Cummin's Tricks Of My Trade - The Magic Of Doug Conn is great. I got my copy yesterday and I've already found three items to add to my my A list. There's a version of the Whispering Queen (ESJoker) that's dead simple to do and more entertaining than any of the versions I've read. Doug has added a magical effect kicker ending, that is also a sight gag, to the effect: a spectator handled card changes in a very entertaining way. I never wanted to do the trick before and now I'm dying to find a real layman... Great stuff.

Click here to see the ebook LIVE!

For myself? The Mogar knife set sounds like a great idea. I could also use a new Okito box. I've been thinking about the Dragon box or the Buddha box. Anyone have any recommendations? If I'm going to pull out a "magic box" it had better look like something Stanley Jaks would have used...

Postby Guest » November 29th, 2003, 2:29 pm

Here's mine...

Todd Lassen CSB set (I've fallen in love with his superb craftmanship)

Mike Skinner DVDs (I'm really anxious to become more familiar with him after all I've read)

The Tapestry of Deception by Michael Vincent (Recently became one of my favorite performers of card magic - superb presentation and technique - it's incredible to watch him perform)

and Peek Encores by Richard Busch (I loved Peek Performances and am looking forward to reading the sequel)...

Jason

btw, I'm not expecting all of that for Christmas!

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » November 29th, 2003, 2:42 pm

Originally posted by Bill Duncan:

And, hopefully I won't sound like a shill here given all the nice things Doug has said about my book but the CD ROM e-book edition of Paul Cummin's Tricks Of My Trade - The Magic Of Doug Conn is great.
I'm going to second this. If you're going to put something on your wish list, the Conn/Cummings e-book is a a great choice. I was unaware of this book (as it is sadly OOP in hardcover form), but working through the effects on the CD has been a real pleasure. I'll be posting a complete(and likely lengthy) review of this on my forums in the next 4-5 days.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » November 29th, 2003, 4:28 pm

The missing Braue Notebooks.
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » November 29th, 2003, 8:31 pm

Pete, they're probably somewhere in that garage of yours... :eek: -- Asrah

Postby Guest » November 30th, 2003, 4:50 pm

I got an email from Denny of Denny & Lees saying he offers a "Wish List" function on his website; I've used Denny many times in the past, but I haven't verified this function -- but it's a great idea which I plan to utilize with some of my other favorite vendors as well.

I just emailed my mate with the information on the Mission Lap Desk available from Bed Bath & Beyond, another great idea for the Close-up worker in your life, even if it's you. (link available on the "Erdnase Train Table" thread.)

-- Randy Campbell

mike cookman

Postby mike cookman » November 30th, 2003, 5:16 pm

Wishlist, eh? Let's see, the entire David Roth dvd collection, the new John Carney book, the entire Paul Harris Art of Astonishment series. That should do for a while. Merry Xmas.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » November 30th, 2003, 5:51 pm

Cash. Just send cash. I'll take care of the rest.
:D

Postby Guest » December 1st, 2003, 8:52 am

Carney's trilogy of DVD's! :D

Joe Gallant

Postby Joe Gallant » December 1st, 2003, 4:59 pm

I got an email from Denny of Denny & Lees saying he offers a "Wish List" function on his website; I've used Denny many times in the past, but I haven't verified this function -- but it's a great idea which I plan to utilize with some of my other favorite vendors as well.
Hank Lee's website has a "Wish List" function that works very well. Go to http://hanklee.org/xcart/customer/home.php and choose "Login" or "Register" in the "Sign In" section on the right side of the screen.

Return to “General”