Radio Mics and Earpieces

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
David Acer

Radio Mics and Earpieces

Postby David Acer » July 1st, 2005, 1:57 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for information/advice regarding radio mics and covert earpieces occasionally used by mentalists. This is not in fact for a mentalism routine, but rather for a TV show in which a ten-year-old boy interacting with real people will be fed lines by a nearby (but concealed) host. As such, the earpiece (like the cameras) will have to be virtually invisible. Any suggestions?...
Now tweeting daily from @David_Acer

Re: Radio Mics and Earpieces

Postby Guest » July 1st, 2005, 3:51 pm

Tommy and Liz Tucker sold their system at one time. It was big bucks, but thoroughly professional. You may find someone with one to sell, once word gets out. --Asrah

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » July 1st, 2005, 7:09 pm

Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » July 2nd, 2005, 1:30 am

Today's reality is that telecommunication/electronic companies, commonly sell wireless earpieces that are hardly visable, that Tucker, Dodson, or Nelson
could have never imagined.

Postby Guest » July 8th, 2005, 11:35 pm

David I know on television we use Lavs (lavaler) or Sony sets. Do a search for either and compare prices. May be able to pick up some used ones.

David Acer

Postby David Acer » July 9th, 2005, 9:50 am

Thanks folks! All your information helped me track down what we need, but I suspect many forum readers will be disappointed in the lack of controversy on this thread, so allow me to conclude by saying MARLO SUCKS!!!

Postby Guest » July 9th, 2005, 6:35 pm

And for what TV show would this be (and I'm really not stalking)?

Postby Guest » July 9th, 2005, 6:38 pm

Oh yeah, and MARLO invented everything related to pasteboards...at least that's what they teach in public schools here in Chi-Town.

David Acer

Postby David Acer » July 10th, 2005, 12:06 pm

Hi Warlockdrummer,

Mr. Non Disclosure Agreement has made his position on this sort of discussion abundantly clear, but soon, he will be powerless to stop it. POWERLESS I TELLS YA!

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » July 10th, 2005, 3:39 pm

Who's Marlo?
What's the best five tricks on Expert At The Card Table?

Oh, sorry. Wrong website...

Ben Bishop

Postby Ben Bishop » July 10th, 2005, 8:50 pm

God luv ya Bill! :)

David Alexander

Postby David Alexander » July 10th, 2005, 9:06 pm

The same device, a cordless receiver in the ear and an induction coil around the neck under the wearer's shirt was used years ago by faith healer Peter Popoff to simulate a "word of knowledge" from God, calling out people with illnesses.

I had a small hand in the investigation of Popoff who was exposed on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson by James Randi.

David Acer

Postby David Acer » July 27th, 2005, 2:30 pm

Alain Choquette has one of the funniest "tricks going bad during a show" stories I've ever heard involving a radio mic and earpiece. I'm saving it for an upcoming column, but imagine if you will eighty audience members in a sea of well over a thousand being asked to stand up at their seats one by one, each stating his name aloud as he does so, then the magician proposing to repeat every name using nothing more than his advanced powers of recollection. Now imagine several minutes and a handful of incorrect names going by, eighty audience members waiting patiently to sit down, and the magician nervously picking at his ear...

Return to “General”